Nugget Shooter Forums

Crystal Cluster ... Worth?

Yo All...I've had this find setting on my cool finds shelf for years ... Don' t even remember where I found it ... But watching Amanda's show has enlightened me a bit (I've never given much of a rat's ass for just rocks that weren't gold.) ... Does anyone know about crystal clusters with nice terminations and if this specimen has much value, other than just being pretty to look at? ... Cheers, Unc

post-9-0-22205000-1452576636_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-71040100-1452576663_thumb.jpg

Are these a local find?

I had a book of rockhounding in AZ, and it talked of crystals somewhere within an hour drive of Wickenburg. I only went to one place in that book for a turquoise vein, and either I didn't follow the directions good, or the directions were not that great. Anyway, I'll have more free time in about 12 weeks when I finish this job I'm on and hope to fill the time with gold prospecting an rock hounding.

Ron, value is based on several things. Size, clarity , color , quality ( damage) and sometimes type locality. I have clusters of amethyst that I think are awesome, but they just arent worth much of anything in the real world. If your cluster there had water clear crystals of size all over it and no damage to them , then they would be worth some money. At a flea market, I would put a value of like 1-3 bucks on that specimen. Its just to common of an occurrence to add much value to it, sorry.

• Like 1

If they are clear or have a consistent translucent color of some type with perfect terminations they are worth a s#%tload here in Sedona. The new agers up here highly value those crystals. I could get 20x price here over anywhere else in the U.S. The huge geodes with the purple crystals go for thousands up here also, I have seen them for hundreds in rock shops else where. I have seriously considered hauling them from Colorado where I can get them dirt cheap and easily double my money to retailers here in uptown Sedona. Anybody want to get something going? I have plenty of contacts with crystal shops here through my work.

As far as yours go Ron I think these people would call them dirty and they don't give off that "Vortex vibe". For whatever that's worth...

I think this cluster has a vortex quality...If I place it on the floor and stand over it while I listen to Obama talk, I feel like I'm being flushed down the toilet! ... Does that count? :D Cheers, Unc

• Like 6

I think this cluster has a vortex quality...If I place it on the floor and stand over it while I listen to Obama talk, I feel like I'm being flushed down the toilet! ... Does that count? :D Cheers, Unc

This could be serious. Which way does the karma swirl when you feel the flushing sensation?

If the swirl is counterclockwise (to the left) you need stronger medicine if you are going to get past the trap - I would suggest some amethyst crystals and Valium.

If the swirl is clockwise (to the right) you need more fox news to keep from going through the trap.

Or you could just avoid hanging your manhood over sharp crystals while Obama speaks,

Better yet you could avoid Obama speeches altogether - what are you going to miss anyway?

Edited by clay
  • Like 3

Ron ... The FLUSH is what BHO did last night to the American citizens. His lies and 'pump-up' speech was full of holes that any thinking person could see through ... just so much BS!

Mike F

• Like 2

...The huge geodes with the purple crystals go for thousands up here also...

For real, you say..!

I know a guy who has one he wants to sell that has to be at least two feet tall.. It's shaped

like those archway 'slots' you see religious figurines standing in.. He wants two grand for it

but he's been asking that price for years so might could get it cheaper..

So when you say huge AD, what's an approximation..?

Cos if we can get double-figure grand a half I'll go

get it & be on the road your way yesterday..!

Swamp

Ron, I found some crystals that swirled to the left and some to the right, but finally found one that flushes straight down and turns sh!# dark when held near an audible sound emitting from BHO...go figure!! :D SDJim

They range from 12"-36" tall mostly, some even bigger ones are around.

'k, thanks AD.. Not at all out of the larger higher-end ordinary, then..

Maybe we coulda still made a few bucks if around the corner, but..

Oh well, nice thought for a few hours at least..

Swamp