Nugget Shooter Forums

Any ideas on this crystal structure

Those tabular crystals look like the Orthoclase feldspar, with an overgrowth of mica and/or epidote; so the crystal system would be "Monoclinic". Can you post pics of the other sides of the sample & a close up? That is a very nice looking cluster of crystals. Nice find!

I'll get some more pictures put up and give something to give it some scale...wish we'd get some sunlight here may take me a couple days tho, my grandmother just passed away so have to get that in order...I think you're right on the mic on the outside, it is a cool piece hoping when the snow melts I can find one that's not broken, there were some big smokey quartz crystals with it also..

Sklybones, Sorry to hear of your Grandmother's passing. My condolences go out to you and your family.

What adam said..

If the area is covered with specimens plus smoke quartz you could

keep a person & table going full time on the show circuit if you wanted..

More realistically tho = web-based and/or consignments..

Off-setting ongoing expenses always works for mee.. :4chsmu1:

Swamp

Thanks guys....I found out it is Microcline feldspar was shown a piece just like it but with 2 little smokey quartz crystals sticking out of it...but thank you for your help...I hope to get out there when the snow melts and get some more,,fingers crossed..