Nugget Shooter Forums

LSD on Saturday the 2nd

LukeJ

post-27491-0-34840700-1451880228_thumb.jHey everyone...

AzMark and I went out to the LSD region on Saturday to hunt for those elusive nuggets we all cherish.

First off, we went out to a location in the neighborhood of a spot The Toms took me to the previous weekend. We hiked all the way up to the start of the drainage system and then got up on the ridges and worked our way back to the truck. We know that good gold has been taken out of this area in the past, but didn't find any for ourselves. On the plus side, we both dug much less trash than usual. With that being said, we were still in good spirits when we met up at the truck several hours later, despite the skunk.

With a few hours left of daylight, we decided to do some scouting. On the suggestion of TomH, we went to another wash drainage system to the northwest of the first spot. Once we were there, we decided to leave the detectors in the truck and do some scouting for the next outing.

This area had all the same types of rock and looked like there had been some minimal mining activity in the past. I went up on a ridge and was inspecting various decomposing rock outcrops. I found one that looked like someone had been digging and had moved several large rocks aside and into a neat pile. As I was looking at this outcrop I noticed something that didn't look right. I moved some debris aside and found the can opener/corkscrew in the picture. That was the only human made object I found on the whole ridge. I imagine that someone left it there on purpose, possibly as a marker of sorts, likely a very long time ago.

Next time we go back to this area, we are planning on doing some sampling with the hopes of tracking down some gold. Maybe we'll eventually stumble backwards onto a nugget or two...

Luke

• Like 1

YES :)

If you finding stuff like that......the other Gumby's have not been in there.

Keep looking at those areas. There's got to be some yellow stuff in there.

Sounds like you guys had a great time.

Im itching...got to get out next weekend!
Tom H.

Sounds like a awesome adventure!! I'll bring a can of pork and beans and we can use it with your new can opener. Rust doesn't scare me as I need the iron..

Sounds like a awesome adventure!! I'll bring a can of pork and beans and we can use it with your new can opener. Rust doesn't scare me as I need the iron..

I got a old can of Schlitz beer we can try it on.

Tom H.

post-25308-0-63250100-1451882514.jpg

Atta boy Luke, keep at it. There is gold in that area just have patience and good boots.

Old Tom

Thanks for the encouragement guys... :4chsmu1:

No, that's not a petrified pork bone. It's half of a horseshoe I believe. The luck is probably long gone though...

Good luck to all of you in your adventures !! :Just_Cuz_06:

Luke

Like Luke says, Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

I didn't feel bad about the day at all for many reasons.

While I found a lead bullet, it was a good 8 inches down and it started with just the faintest "change" in what I listen to. Growing louder as I dug, giving off a sweet "woo" as apposed to the brain slicing iron signal.

Bill. I ran my gain by "ear". Just where it started to destabilize and get wacky. Didn't look at the number. I did test my boots and made sure I had depth. The sweet sound of a TDI pro isn't something I am used to hearing. It worked and allowed me to hear that faint "wait, what was that?"

In addition to that, I started a tributary from the main wash and walked the entire length. Crawling under barbed wire several times, filling my shins and one cheek with cactus spines. No pain No gain.

So Bill, you're in my head. Great instructions from the Gold basin outing and your article in the GPAA magazine. thank you.

I am a proud member of the GPAA and grateful for the advice of everyone on this forum.

And if any of you are still alive when I find that first nugget. I will post it along with a grin a mile wide. You only have to see the nugget...

Thanks to the Toms for extending their hand at the very first outing and ever since. I tried the gazelle hop from side to side Young Tom. Let's see if losing a few pounds wont help...

AZMark.

I still remember my first gold nuggie, a 3 grainer found about 15 feet from where I was camped at Dome Rock near the Big Q. I was using the top of the line Tesoro Eldorado with a Dept-master signal enhancer and a 4" concentric coil. My smile reached almost to Phoenix when I found it. That was the hardest one for me. The second was a 1 grain flake near Triby Wash in LSD, the very next weekend. This was about the time Richard and Liz from "Gold Dust Twins" were demonstrating the Minelab 15000. Richard kept telling me if your finding all that small bits of trash and lead, you will find that gold when your coil comes over it. He was right! Thanks again Richard if your listening, and I have a feeling you are.

• Like 1

Like Luke says, Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

I didn't feel bad about the day at all for many reasons.

While I found a lead bullet, it was a good 8 inches down and it started with just the faintest "change" in what I listen to. Growing louder as I dug, giving off a sweet "woo" as apposed to the brain slicing iron signal.

Bill. I ran my gain by "ear". Just where it started to destabilize and get wacky. Didn't look at the number. I did test my boots and made sure I had depth. The sweet sound of a TDI pro isn't something I am used to hearing. It worked and allowed me to hear that faint "wait, what was that?"

In addition to that, I started a tributary from the main wash and walked the entire length. Crawling under barbed wire several times, filling my shins and one cheek with cactus spines. No pain No gain.

So Bill, you're in my head. Great instructions from the Gold basin outing and your article in the GPAA magazine. thank you.

I am a proud member of the GPAA and grateful for the advice of everyone on this forum.

And if any of you are still alive when I find that first nugget. I will post it along with a grin a mile wide. You only have to see the nugget...

Thanks to the Toms for extending their hand at the very first outing and ever since. I tried the gazelle hop from side to side Young Tom. Let's see if losing a few pounds wont help...

AZMark.

Mark:

Just keep at it.....there is a wash out there with your name on it....that's the best advice a good friend gave me. :)

That bullet you found at 8 inches just as easily could have been gold that everyone else missed.

We will be here when you find that nug.....you will :)

Keep at it and Dad and I look forward to hunts with you guys.

Tom H.

• Like 1

I still remember my first gold nuggie, a 3 grainer found about 15 feet from where I was camped at Dome Rock near the Big Q. I was using the top of the line Tesoro Eldorado with a Dept-master signal enhancer and a 4" concentric coil. My smile reached almost to Phoenix when I found it. That was the hardest one for me. The second was a 1 grain flake near Triby Wash in LSD, the very next weekend. This was about the time Richard and Liz from "Gold Dust Twins" were demonstrating the Minelab 15000. Richard kept telling me if your finding all that small bits of trash and lead, you will find that gold when your coil comes over it. He was right! Thanks again Richard if your listening, and I have a feeling you are.

Wow! Jim :)

You've been around a bit :).....Good luck to you. Hope to meet you at the LSD outing in March.

Tom H.

• Like 1

AzMark, just keep at it. I swear even if it takes over a year, it is worth it. When you find your nugget, you are going to scream and make a fool of yourself and love every friggin minute of it. I know I did.

AzMark, just keep at it. I swear even if it takes over a year, it is worth it. When you find your nugget, you are going to scream and make a fool of yourself and love every friggin minute of it. I know I did.

I'm looking forward to it.

As for the time scale, well technically, this is year SIx. 5 with a defective detector purchased brand new out of the box.

Thanks company that rhymes with whytes...but charged me to fix it anyway...

I'm not bitter though. Well, yeah I am. If I ran a company with a "great reputation" I would have handled it differently. But that's me.

Hey thanks for the encouragement Andy. Didn't mean to go off. It's worth every minute. I have had a blast.

Geeez, now he'll probably come and we will have to tell him how good his mom's cookies were.

Old Tom

• Like 1