Nugget Shooter Forums

Half Dime, Seated Dime and a few small nuggs!

Nice digs..... love those seated coins.

You've probably been asked before....why do you all your detecting at night?

Thanks for watching. That is a common question we get a lot and there are several versions of our answers in the YouTube comments.

1st--not all our videos are at night. But you wont see those videos until we are done with the site!

But one major reason is that some our sites are very visible from major roadways and we really do not like telling everyone that drives by that there is a great site only a few yards from the road. One person with a detector and our secret is gone!! LOL Then we just got used to night hunts and now prefer it. Cooler in the summer, peaceful, you stay very focused and you don't hear coyotes during the day!! And the stars are amazing. I recommend it to everyone to at least try!

​And it m fits my schedule-- Full time job-wife and two kids!!

We have been "site jumped" a couple times already and not to sound greedy,but we spend a lot of time researching and don't want to give it all away for free!! Some say --"Stop making videos then" but I actually enjoy that aspect and hopefully some enjoy watching them. These relics/coins should be shared with like minded people and not locked away in a box or museum never to be seen again!! This is just a hobby for me but I want to extend it as long as I can!!

Ron without giving away your site can you say what was on that location many years ago that would

cause it to have gold and old coins?

Your videos are really good quality videos and interesting to say the least.

I was a coin hunter for 40 years before getting into gold and your videos sure bring back a lot of memories. Thanks!

:thumbsupanim sharing rocks and thanx much. Great to see the ground softened up a bit from the last rains finally. Those half dimes are few and far between for me, great recoveries and gold too is icing on the cake-John :D

Edited by Hoser John

Your vids inspire and amaze. Great work and thanks for sharing. I watch a lot of u tube vids and yours rank right up there.

Most coin vids are east of the Mississippi. It gives me hope to see you finding these old coins here in the "old" west.

Keep em coming, subscribed and watching.

Your vids inspire and amaze. Great work and thanks for sharing. I watch a lot of u tube vids and yours rank right up there.

Most coin vids are east of the Mississippi. It gives me hope to see you finding these old coins here in the "old" west.

Keep em coming, subscribed and watching.

Yep, We just don't find that kinda stuff around here. Oldest coin for me is a 1921 Canadian Silver Five Cent peace . Funny thing was I found it at Camp Cody on the very same day New Mexico became a state in 1921.

Ron without giving away your site can you say what was on that location many years ago that would

cause it to have gold and old coins?

Your videos are really good quality videos and interesting to say the least.

I was a coin hunter for 40 years before getting into gold and your videos sure bring back a lot of memories. Thanks!

The site is a gold camp. A bunch of miners in a small area along gold bearing creeks. We find where the "structures" were and then hunt the heck out of the area. SInce they were looking for gold, many times the gold was right under there cabin or tent. We find most of our nuggets in the heavy iron areas that mot gold detectorists walk away from.

Thanks all for the nice comments!! We are fortunate to research and locate some great sites. We enjoy sharing what we find, not to boast and brag, (well, not too much) LOL --but to share with like minded people that can appreciate what comes out of the ground!

We got a couple more short vids on the way--with more gold and old coins!

Thanks again and Happy New Year!!

• 3 months later...