Nugget Shooter Forums

March 2016 Nugget Shooter Outing

Nugget Shooter

Hi Folks, the dates for the Spring Nugget Shooter Outing will be Friday March 18th to Sunday March 20th at Jackass Flats in the San Domingo Placer District. GPAA as well as Roadrunner have claims here and there is some pretty gold gold for nugget shooting or other methods if one is willing to work a bit for it.

We will be doing the usual Saturday night pot luck dinner, but with a twist. We will have a very large grill and everyone can bring whatever meat they would like and one of us can cook it or you can cook it yourself. Also bring a dish to pass for everyone to enjoy.

RV and tent camping are no problem here with easy access... We will be camping on State Trust Land so a permit is required to park or camp. A permit can be obtained here https://land.az.gov/sites/default/files/Recreation_Permit_0.pdf

and is something most of us purchase yearly anyway to be able to camp or park on State Trust Lands. The State is actively patrolling out there now so getting the proper permit for 15.00 can save a lot of hassle.

This is not a dealer or vendor event and is simply a bunch of good folks from a forum having a chance to meet and hunt a little gold on the surrounding BLM land and club claims. These outings are a blast and if you have never attended on please feel free to join us for this one. No club membership is needed, but a good idea so you have more options for areas to hunt gold.

Firewood is always needed so if you have some please bring it along.

is the permit only for the vehicle owner or occupants in the vehicle? what if your on foot?

if you click on the link Bill posted you can read what the permit covers/is for, basically if you go on State Trust Land you need one of these permits, there's one for individuals and one for families, e.g. 2 adults and children under 18 years of age.

https://land.az.gov/sites/default/files/Recreation_Permit_0.pdf

"An ‘Individual Permit’ allows the signatory limited privileges to use State Trust Land for some recreation. Recreation under this permit is limited to hiking, horseback riding, picnicking, bicycling, photography, sightseeing, and bird watching. Camping is restricted to no more than 14 days per year. OffHighway Vehicular travel on State Trust Land is not permitted without proper licensing."

Sweet! :yesss:

Looking forward to it.

Good idea on the Grill it yourself.

That way if folks want to stay out a little longer they can.

It will be interesting grilling Patricks Hamburger helper though.

Ill bring some toothpicks so he can do that :nutty:

Gonna be a good time.

Tom H.

YAY..!

That weekend is almost into the "window of opportunity" for great weather around Wickenburg..

In recent years latter March through mid to mid-latter April has seen nearly continuous ideal prospecting conditions thereabouts.. If situations allow for escape time to Arizona, this is hands-down the time of year we'll choose..!

As of right now the only possible fly in the ointment is El Super Neen-yo ( © , ® & PAF.. ) Who knows how that might impact AZ weather..? If badly, all bets are off.. If status quo..?

I simply monitor Intellicast.. Show me 10-days solid of Mr. Sun smiley face avatar and we toss detectors into the van n GO..! There is no making of long-range plans for doing this; it's simply too long a haul and too costly to lock-in before knowing what conditions await..That future weather could be either naughty or nice.. If naughty, welll, see y'all next time, I guess..

But screw all that anyhow..! Right now I'm psyched..! So let's make this happen, Lawd..! :yesss:

Swamp

Im down for pickle buckets! :)
Tom H.

I will take a few if you can spare them... Thanks Shay !!

I'll bring firewood to the outing as well.

Looking forward to it :thumbsupanim

Shay ... I still haven't collected the ones from last time from you. Now that I am back from all my travels and here in Prescott Valley for the rest of the winter we need to get together and do a hunt ... maybe over in the soldier boy or jj claim if you are a mind to or maybe some place near Cleator. Just doesn't look like it will be this week with all the rain in the forecast ... weekend looks good though. What do you think?

Mike F

Shay ... I still haven't collected the ones from last time from you. Now that I am back from all my travels and here in Prescott Valley for the rest of the winter we need to get together and do a hunt ... maybe over in the soldier boy or jj claim if you are a mind to or maybe some place near Cleator. Just doesn't look like it will be this week with all the rain in the forecast ... weekend looks good though. What do you think?

Mike F

That rain looks really white.

What State does this take place in?

What State does this take place in?

Arizona bud... :)

Tom H.

I love it when it snows there In Albuquerque driving west through the mountains into the city at night you can see EVERYTHING

Sorry to get off topic for a bit but it's beautiful out there and speaking of Phoenix where exactly do you guys meet?...

Oh nevermind i found it just south of the lake