Nugget Shooter Forums

State land enforcement at LSD

Not sure just why all of a sudden it is such a "hot" area, but 3 weeks ago I was told I could not camp at Jackass flats without a permit as mine was expired (my bad) and then the week after they were once again out checking and ticketing folks. Again now this week same thing, but on the ridge road and I was informed of all the rules regarding metal detecting since he noticed mine in the truck. Was not even using it and only had to slow down because of the narrow rocky road and we had trouble passing each other which resulted in our stopping to talk through drivers windows.

My permit is on the way and I told him I was simply deriving through State land to a BLM area I go to and was back on my way after a short lecture on State Land and metal detecting or "Recreational" quad and dirt bike riding since considered recreational use of the land now. So if you go out there my friends take care where you park and have your permit if parking of even farting on State Trust Land. And riding vehicles with "recreational" tags only same thing, but if you have street legal tags it is different on existing un maintained trails and roads and long as you do not leave vehicle without a permit.

I was going to argue the vehicle part, but saw no since it it....

• Like 1

I think I understand why....

Ive seen some dig holes out there and when the rabbits come back to find the hole they dug, they get confused and cant find home.

Then the pack rats have a problem also....they come back and see a hole and all their junk and cacti around the mouth of it is gone! WTHay!!! Poor thing wanders around aimlessly for hours trying to find its hole it dug.

Then there are the Javalina. Those big holes in the sides of the washes....They come meandering back through the wash to find home and see all these new (condo) holes people have dug and they get all pissed off. Its not long before they form a group called JAVALINA lives matter. Then were in trouble!

Yup, I completely see the logic of not letting metal detectors on State land. Its just best to leave that horribly dangerous bullet lead in the ground so we can drink it later :)

Maybe we should change the name to Little San California?

:grr01:

Tom H.

Edited by TomH
  • Like 4

I'll be sure to sponsor the camping permit this year again just as soon as we come up with a date for the outing at LSD. Things are a changing guys, best be safe and get all the permits needed and not get hassled by those creeps.

Old Tom

• Like 2

Hi Tom my friend, thinking 3rd weekend in March looks best and looking very forward to it. This time with a twist, huge grill and bring your own meat and cook it yourself with potluck. What say ye?

Hi Tom my friend, thinking 3rd weekend in March looks best and looking very forward to it. This time with a twist, huge grill and bring your own meat and cook it yourself with potluck. What say ye?

Bill:

That sounds good to me :)

I'll be retired on the 10th of March with nothing to do but suck nuggets out of the Arizona desert :yesss:

Will talk to you more tomorrow if your around.

Tom H.

ME COOK ????

Where's Shep? If he doesn't make it I'll starve.............!!

Patrick

Patrick: I'll bring some hamburger helper for you :ROFL:

Tom H.

• Like 1

I'll be sure to sponsor the camping permit this year again just as soon as we come up with a date for the outing at LSD. Things are a changing guys, best be safe and get all the permits needed and not get hassled by those creeps.

Old Tom

See this Ive never understood-why do the LSD outings always need to be on STATE LAND :nutty: Why not somewhere on PUBLIC LAND=BLM :idunno: NO PERMITS REQUIRED :4chsmu1: Mike C... :200:

See this Ive never understood-why do the LSD outings always need to be on STATE LAND :nutty: Why not somewhere on PUBLIC LAND=BLM :idunno: NO PERMITS REQUIRED :4chsmu1: Mike C... :200:

Guess because its the easiest place to get into with RVs and such?

If you can pick out a spot that is not State land and we can get 40 peeps and their rigs into.....let me know!

Tom H.

Blake ain't getting his rig any further than Jackass Flats. Other biggies will have trouble negotiating too much further.

Old Tom

Yep it is about location, no place with room and RV access nearby on BLM so Jackass flats is the best bet. At least it is not crowded now and the usual hoards of quad and dirt bike folks usually camped out there are gone, or have been for the last few weeks anyway.

If you know a spot big enough near there by all means interested, but hard area to get into past the flats anywhere where there is BLM that is open for us to camp on.

Lots of RR and GPAA claims around you dont have to be a member to camp on :arrowheadsmiley: what happen to real camping like a tent or sleeping in the back of your truck like real men :4chsmu1: I guess if you need to bring your whole house with you you truely are limited-what a bunch of women you all are :ROFL: Mike C... :200:

• Like 2

Lots of RR and GPAA claims around you dont have to be a member to camp on :arrowheadsmiley: what happen to real camping like a tent or sleeping in the back of your truck like real men :4chsmu1: I guess if you need to bring your whole house with you you truely are limited-what a bunch of women you all are :ROFL: Mike C... :200:

Mike

Hey Mike while sleeping in the back of your truck :cry2: you wake up at 2am have to take a leak look down and see who the women is :old: lol

Lon

ps Bill i was out in the toy hauler :thumbsupanim 3 weeks ago at lsd and they came up to me to. At least i was warm :4chsmu1:

Edited by lon

Lon I totally understand why you got one-so you can bring your sewing machine and try to make you and the ford look better :ROFL: As you know I have a nice popup but it takes to much time to setup and break down so I camp like a real man-the only time I use it is when the family wants to camp :4chsmu1: Mike C... :200:

Edited by Mike C...

Lon I totally understand why you got one-so you can bring your sewing machine and try to make you and the ford look better :ROFL: As you know I have a popup but it takes to much time to setup and break down so I camp like a real man-the only time I use it is when the family wants to camp :4chsmu1: Mike C... :200:

I hope it snows :ROFL:

Tom H.

• Like 1

Mike

Hey Mike while sleeping in the back of your truck :cry2: you wake up at 2am have to take a leak look down and see who the women is :old: lol

Lon

ps Bill i was out in the toy hauler :thumbsupanim 3 weeks ago at lsd and they came up to me to. At least i was warm :4chsmu1:

Howdy Lon, you gonna bring it out in March?

You all mind if an old newbie joins up with ya at the outing?

I have been out of the prospecting arena for about 18 years, but now that i'm retired I think my wife is wanting me to get out of the house more often...go figure. Guess I'm getting on her nerves.

I 'm considering joining roadrunners or another club again so I can have places to hunt. If I'm a club member is a parking or camping permit still required for the state trust land? Sounds like there are a lot of changes going on. Next thing ya know there will be a dress-code for chasing gold. Makes me wonder who really owns the land.

Thanks

Jim