Nugget Shooter Forums

State land enforcement at LSD

SDJim ... to answer your other question ... being a member of a prospecting club does NOT entitle you parking privileges on AZ State Trust Land. You need to get the permit to do so.

Mike F

Thank you Mike F for that info, I guess times are changing. I'll look into who I have to pay for that. Life use to be a little simpler. There is always someone to throw a wrench in the gears when they run too smooth. :ROFL:

Jim

I will again this year sponsor a parking permit for the weekend of the outing at Jackass Flats. Anyone interested in getting on this permit just PM me and I'll write you in. The cost was $15.00 for nineteen people and if you see me at the outing you can give me a buck or not. We got twenty people to sign in last year and had to turn one down. If we get a few more over the nineteen I'll start another so get you're names and phone no. in early. You can still get the permit for a year for yourself and not bother with the group permit.

Old Tom

Here is a little info for you on camping permits.

Old Tom

Arizona Trust Land is land managed by the State Land Department

• Trust Land is not public land!

• A recreation permit is required to camp, hike or travel on Trust Land that is designated as open for recreation
  • A recreation permit is an agreement between you (the responsible casual user) and the Department, to allow limited recreational activities conditional on your continued responsible behavior (see terms and conditions)
Types of Recreational Permits/ Terms/ Fees
For more information select
TYPE TERM FEES Individual Permits 1 Year $15.00 Family Permits 1 Year $20.00 Non-Competitive/ Non-Commercial Group Permit * Less than 20 people Less than 5 Days $15.00

PLEASE NOTE: The Department accepts only checks, money orders or cash (maximum cash amount accepted is $50 with no denomination larger than $20);credit cards are not accepted. On-line permits are not available at this time. We do our best to provide customers with a quick turn around by mail. Thank you for your interest.

* Groups of fewer than 20 people may be permitted by a Non-competitive/Non-commercial Group Permit. A complete roster of all permitted individuals and dates of use must be submitted with the application.

• Like 1

You're already on THAT list. I already got your phone nos. from last year.

Old Tom

• 2 months later...

Howdy all! If anyone is looking to buy State Land Recreation Permits, the links posted elsewhere on this forum (https://land.az.gov/programs/natural/recreation_permit.htm) goes to "page not found".

I don't give up easily, so after a little searching I found: https://land.az.gov/natural-resources/recreational-permits  At the bottom of that page are links for the Individual, Family and Non-Commercial Group Permit Application Forms. Or, if you are just looking to apply for an Individual or Family permit, you can go straight to the PDF page at: https://land.az.gov/sites/default/files/Recreation Permit 1.25.16.pdf  and print the mail-in application form. 

I'm tempted to come up to LSD for next weekend's outing but even if I mail my permit app tomorrow I probably won't get it in time. My metal detector was great for coins and jewelry, but I've never used it in the desert. I'm hoping to find enough gold to buy an upgrade nugget shooter ASAP and then start saving up for a drywasher. I have a small Keene Dredge/Highbanker/Suice that I used to use up in Oregon - not so handy in the desert. :Just_Cuz_06:

LW

Lived in Tucson for 13 years.  Arizona is more then Chincy  on there State lands.  New Mexico ain't far behind em.  At least in New Mexico they don't stop you from picking up Rocks. 

Edited by homefire
Spelling.
  • Like 1

I lived in Tucson for about 6 (mostly miserable) years. Peoria is much, much nicer! Now I actually live only a little over 1 mile from an old gold mine; Lake Pleasant is just north of here; and there are lots of great areas that I want to explore.

Guess I lived in Tucson long enough ago that it was still a pretty nice place.. Silverbell was pretty much the end of the world on the west side -- there was no such thing as a house anywhere near Gate's Pass.. On the east side Broadway ended at Harrison and they were both still graded, not paved.. You could go further east on Speedway to Freeman?? I think it was, and that truly was the end of the world going that-a-way.. Only thing out there was a brick yard.. They paid $1.25 a cube, banded..

Swamp