Nugget Shooter Forums
boulder dash

Hypothermia patch!!!

Was very fortunate to hit some very remote hills on Sunday I was very lucky the talented and mysterious Wells Fargo kid was with me. Mysteriously his tire popped when a rather large jagged mountain top hit his tire. Fortunate I had a pump and the means to pump it.. Some how?? It was able to hold air the rest of the extremely cold day,a mistery. We hit a lesser known gold field west of Armadillo hollows and just north of the Mordor mountains. The weather was not at all pleasant , in my opinion. Often while riding around we would have to use the heat from our honda engines to warm our hypothermic hands. I'm still cold even today!! I was extremely lucky this trip. Hit a nice 5+ gram piece with the gb2. It was really wedged down in a crack that any detector could of heard. So after getting lost,frozen hands and feet, flat tire, and almost drinking kool aid from Jonestown we headed home. I ended up with 7 grams. The Wells Fargo Kid...Still A Mystery.

post-1498-0-84217000-1450743652_thumb.jp

Edited by boulder dash
  • Like 2

That big one is Santa's sleigh!

Wow, great day out..numbing cold but the gold gods rewarded your suffering.... :thumbsupanim

nice ,

Keep on keeping on, Wade. Love that big piece, to me it looks like Santa's, Elves' boot.

Old Tom

I agree with the Santa's sleigh look..

Yet another nice showing, BD..!

Swamp

Good on ya and sweet finds, I am down with a cold so not out in the cold :tisk-tisk:

Geez Bill ... That crap is really hanging on to you!

You guys are always out somewhere killing it. I hope to get Lu and myself out to LSD area for 3-4 days within the next week (around Christmas) so if anyone is around we'll follow ya!

Mitchel

Way to get it bd, real nice nugget there. Thanks for sharing.

Don't forget your trust land pass Mitchel, they're checking lsd at least once per week for em.

I looked at the GPAA claims in the area which are just a bit north of the State land. Where do you get a trust pass?

If I am not camping on state land and only parking there or passing over it ... do I need a permit?

When I was at the last outing the Toms said they had gotten the permit. I didn't know what they meant until now.

What is the fine if they stop you without a permit?

You can drive through but not stop. Im not sure what the fine is. The pass is 20$ for a year. Im also not sure if there is a place you can go to buy one in person or if it has to be done by mail.

Sweet.

Guess the fires of Mordor weren't burning not enough to keep ya toasty.

Wow! That's a hunk of gold! :)

Awesome finds :yesss:

Go to Wal-Mart, in the camping area get some of the orange packets called HOTHANDS.

They last 8 hrs after you activate them. I put them inside my gloves when im detecting in this arctic weather and

they really keep your hands warm.

They run like 50 cents each in a 12 pack.

Tom H.

• Like 1

Wade needs to have a Montana ATV since they come with electric hand warmers, thumb warmers, and a snow plow. It was 7 below zero here last night so I am staying close to the wood stove while viewing all the gold you folks are pulling in. I am especially happy to see all the nice finds of BD and Adam.

• Like 1