Nugget Shooter Forums
shep

Last Q spec

Wanted to see if it was worth sending to Steve (Eldorado). Tried Doc's You tube on spec gravity. Had issue w/ second to last equation w/ SGAU x 25.97? Think I'm seeing it wrong, should be divided by? Tried 3 different other tests w/ 660g DW and 420g WW and got 1oz16g,1.11 oz and 27.82g. Close enough, going out next week. ;-)

We ran a detector over it and compared with one I wear around my neck which is 7dwt. Rock was louder.

Edited by shep
  • Like 1

Shep....this might help...

Your going to need a 5 gallon bucket and bathroom scale though :P
Tom H.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF4NqIYh6zg

Hey Shep, regardless of 7 dwt or 1 ounce.......its a good score. Smash it with a hammer and see the yoke.....I have done it a few times and mechanically cleaned the specimen with some electrician tools...turned out great.

Shep,

I like this one. You just put in the DW (660) and the WW (420) and click calculate (Method 2) and you get 30.6

http://www.desert-gold-diggers.org/gold/specgrav.htm

When you do the reading you will see you can vary the numbers some by the value you give the quartz. (Not all quartz is created equal but within a range.)

This is the way I calculated my specimen to come up with 8 troy ounces.

(Forgot to say that I used a digital fish scale and suspended the nugget in water in a little nylon bag. You should ask Patrick if he has a larger multi-ounce scale ... if he catches fish as big as your specimen I mean!)

Edited by mn90403

That speci should produce a wonderful slice or two.. I'm guessing that's all you're

asking ElD to do, then keeping the rest together in its natural form with the slice window..?

Swamp

Billie??

Did 3 different tests and got 3 different results- 27.82g, 1.11oz, 1.5 oz. It's been shipped to the master to work his art.

Ahhhhh I see, Merry Christmas Shep...

I know it would probably be a pain....but if El Dorito could post some pics of the cabbing.....that would be cool :)
Tom H.

• Like 1

I agree Tom. Some step by step shots of the piece we got to see shortly after Shep discovered it. How about it EL D?

Patrick

• Like 1

Its great Shep did not put the hammer to this. The ugly plain ol rock had some very valuable treasure inside. It was all concentrated on one end of the host rock, but in all of the detected rocks I have "processed", this one gets the "one of the best ever awards. Only one cab cut so far as the remainder are still getting the Opticon stabilization procedure and wont be cut till tomorrow. Shep said he will post some pics.... The one I cut was 16+ grams or over 80carats of beauty....... WOW was all I could say to Shep.......

Edited by El Dorado
  • Like 2

Great job El D. It looks beautiful.

Note to John Boyles. PUT YOUR HAMMER AWAY........ :D

Patrick,

You made a good save.

Mitchel

Just saw that cab very nice I just got some ore to cab up as well not as nice as yours tho what a outstanding piece shep