Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold big 2 or gold bug pro

Tommie33

Hi all I finally was able to reload into here, this is hog leg Tommie lol I'm thinking about upgrading to a new detector and would love to hear some advice which one do you all prefer thanks in advance stay golden all

Here is a web site full of great info, hope it helps

http://www.detectorprospector.com/gold-prospecting-guides/steve-guide-gold-nugget-detectors.htm

I have the Gold bug 2 and it will find real small stuff, so far no gold but only a matter of time.

• Like 1

Always run a unit out in the field prior to buying as one mans pleasure is yet anothers' nightmare. We try cars, radios, watch tv etc in the stores and detectors are no different. I've decided to stick with my trusty GB2 as coils constructed much better when fisher was in biz. John

• Like 1

Tommie:
We use both of those.

From what ive seen...........

The GBpro is a good machine running at 19mhz. It has a easy push button Ground balance with a screen to see your settings on.

You can also set the disc. on it as it is variable.

Dad has found a lot of #9 birdshot and very small wire. The gold he has found is bigger and deeper than what I have found with the GB2, but I feel

the Pro will shoot deeper. I could be wrong. I don't trust the readings the GBPro shows on the LED screen. It only seems to read in the low (gold) range when you get close to the target.

The GB2 is a awesome little detector. It will pick up fly poop size gold, but your going to have to remove the overburden to get down close to it. Or just hit bedrock as you go along.

It is a manual ground balance and you do have to ground balance a lot with it as it is hyper sensitive at 72 mhz.

We use the 6 inch coil on both of them.

That's about all I can add.
Tom H.

• Like 1

If you want to do a little park hunting for coins and jewelry the GB PRo is a good nugget hunter and pretty good park machine...I preferred the 10inch elyptical over the 5-6 inch round...

The GB2 is king of the tiniest detectable gold....easy to learn if you don't try to max out the sensitivity from the start.

all my opinion-of course.

fred

• Like 1

Hey Tommie, I remember meeting you at the outing a couple years ago. Weren't you rockin the GB2 then? I swear you were, if not, you should be!

Boy wasn't that some outing, everybody got a little buzzed. Around the hollow tree log fire which looked like a volcano. Wade, Adam, young Tom, Blake and his wife, Tommie and his Moon shine, Jean and a few more that night. Good memories Guys and were going to make this years outing at LSD even better.

Old Tom

• Like 1

I find I ground balance more with the Gold Bug Pro than the Gold Bug 2.

But, it is a simple action with either.

I find I dig more targets(and gold) with the Gold Bug 2. Probably because I tend to watch the numbers on the Gold Bug Pro and listen more on the Gold Bug 2.

Funny, I don't trust the "numbers" yet I must be trusting the "numbers" on the Pro and probably missing some gold.

• Like 1

Yes guy I'm back was not able to get out much this year but that's going to change and yea it was a gb1 I have and yes I will be at the outing this year and will bring plenty of shine and yea have a bonus coming soon and was thinking of a new detector can't wait to get out their