Nugget Shooter Forums

Drywasher question

azdigger

Is the hose adapter a 3" or 4" for my Goldbuddy I have the 3" Echo blower that has worked very well for several yrs already. Speed and airflow depend on material you're running but normally I think any leaf blower will work for the 4" you need a bigger blower and spendy I might add.

can't seem to find anything on my drywasher. It is Gold King and was made in Phoenix ..

The blower I got is rated at 150mph, hope that is good, I guess I can adjust the angle of the lower tray if I need to.

If you got the Gold King from the prospecting store that used to be in the Phoenix Valley at Youngtown AZ, West of the 101 off Grand Av, they have closed that shop and moved to Prescott AZ and are now manufacturing Kickin' Donkey. They were the same company that made the black magic "slate board." I do think the Gold King was their version of the Keene 151. The Prescott store used to have a facebook page and might be able to locate them off the internet.

If they copied the 151 it should have a 4" hose. on that 2 3/4" I would take several wraps around it with duct tape and get 3" hose for it. If its actually as big as the 151 you might not have enough air for it being as the 151s used a 4" blower

The used to be called Pro Gold. They made good mining equipment for someone going out by himself. I saw a special order they were working on for their black magic that was about 2' wide. That would be good for a commercial cleanup.

For the Big Dry Washer above the waterfall, I think it was someone who thought he was on a pay streak, set it up, brought the tailings home, was frustrated, quit, and was not worth getting back up there. May even be a broke down vehicle in the midst, or even trying to take a sedan or wrong type of vehicle out there to get the gold. I've seen a few people with unrealistic expectations and when they can't get pounds a day and realize what hard work it is, they quit.

Not an advertisement, but the guys that manufactured the Gold King helped me out when I took the scouts out to Lynx creek and gave us free gold pans for each scout. They did make good equipment. I like the black magic and I like their hexagonal mining pan. They also paid for Fred one year to come out for the gold show. Last time I saw them was in May of 2014, they were still Pro-Gold Prospecting, but had started manufacturing their Kickin Donkey equipment.

This is their old facebook page, not very active:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kicking-Donkey-Mining-Supplies/611174628919833

The other info from the page is:

8360 E Pecos Dr

Prescott Valley, Arizona

Phone: (800) 617-5231