Nugget Shooter Forums

Wow, a lot of comments.the one I'm using is a Yuneec Q500 G model. It's made for a Gopro camera.

What's very cool about this model is that you can get a tiny transmitter without the LCD screen that's smaller than your TV remote controller as an addition for this model. With this controller, you can set the drone's height and distance and then clip the controller to your belt loop, the drone will then follow you with the camera always keeping you in the frame.
Not sure if this would be of any use out of prospecting, but it's certainly made for any type of action sports like mountain biking, snowboarding etc.
Below are links to two videos I made using a small controller walking in a park and then as a test on my motorcycle:

Signal loss in caves will be sending you in to retrieve and THAT you don't want to do. Err on the side of caution as the life you save may well be your own, or your brand new toy also-John

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

A10 that was a fantastic flight. Where can I get the answers to a million questions I have about that drone?

A great post, thanks.

Don you can start with these links.

Website..

http://www.dji.com/products/compare-phantom

Website store..

http://store.dji.com/event/xmas/?gclid=CIe_m4799skCFUokgQodmUYEwQ

Reviews...

https://www.google.com/search?q=phantom+3&oq=phantom+3&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#q=phantom+3+reviews

@6:26 there a (re)flyover of Gold Ridge( or is it lichen) and a moose or cow sculpture( iron, I guess).

FWIW

GJ how are you going to tie a string to it with four props twirling? I guess the stope won't be straight down but the

shaft would be. Either way without any lights that's going to be some tricky flying.

I was reading the links above in post #31 it says the Phantom has a homing button. Does that mean you push a

button and the drone finds it's way be to you? If so that answers one of my biggest concerns. Also if a drone goes

down say 1/4 mile from you how do you find it? Does it have a beeper signal or something to help locate it?

Garimpo, I will have eyes on with the video so can see where it lands IF I still have wifi signal for control. Yes on the string, will tie to bottom of quad copter and with a sliding fishing weight on the line tosse it down the shaft then launch quad copter and have it just fly over the shaft and then down. I'm looking at adding a LED light to it. Mainly wanting to know the clearance of the shaft I see at the bottom.

I lost this thing once when flying at the edge of the wifi signal, lost it and the copter continued to hover and go with the wind until the battery went low then it crashed into the top of an oak tree about 35 ft. up. I could see on my phone the image from the camera so we just kept hunting until we saw ourselves walk under the camera. Not fun climbing that oak.

10258864_778917578907210_289330878940498

Yes sir, I told Mike that yoy had some questions so he should get on here sometime soon. Hes very familiar with the different drones. Another guy to talk to is Mike Krisher. He brings his drone to club outings as well and gets some great video.

Geojack, do you have a rope and ascending equipment if you do find something? I used to drop into shafts looking for caves. Not too difficult but it can be dangerous if there is bad air. I could see the benefit of a drone but I think wifi may force you back on rope.

post-25948-0-23053800-1451346827_thumb.jThanks for all the interest in the drones. I've been flying the DJI Phantom 3 Professional (P3P) and having a blast unlocking the potential. I spent a lot of hours researching drones over the summer and settled on that. Research by watching hours of youtube videos and reading the forums, etc. Its got a lot of great features and is out of the box ready to fly for $1299. Extra battery $150 and a hard case for $200, a must have IMO. I like its range without LOS which is up to 5 miles depending on conditions, it's return to home features and first person view telemetry. Plus I can tinker with the programing which I'm working on a API that incorporates topo maps. I'ma nerd for a reason.

You can fly it out of the box with no experience but I would highly recommend getting a cheap one to practice on and get a feel for the controls. I got a little UDI U818A fro $50 off Amazon and flew the crap out of it. Busted it up, got new parts, soldered them on, and repeat. I got really good at it the controls practicing landing on objects, flip turns, chasing the critters around the yard and doing flip turns. When I got the P3P, it was a cake walk. I didn't fly it for the first few days when I got it. I worked my way up to it, with firmware updates, getting used to the controller app, etc.

Lately I've been tinkering with the telemetry data and overlaying that over the video. The altimeter and the speed is all cool fluff but I really like the GPS coordinates in the corner.

• Like 1