Nugget Shooter Forums

Minelab SDC 2300 vs. GB II

...I do have to give a shout out to Boulderdash who found me wandering around the Arizona desert last winter. He could see I didn't have a clue about Arizona prospecting so he took pity on me...

Inquiring minds want to know:

Assuming BD put you on bedrock in AZ, does that mean the small MT nugs were scattered throughout overburden

well above unreachable bedrock..? Or is it something else entirely..?

Thanks,

Swamp

• Like 1

Yes the SDC2300 is a hardwired coil because it is waterproof. It is an 8 inch coil. Auto ground balance and goes deep. I have a Gold Bug II and and SDC2300, I don't need any gold that is smaller than what the SDC2300 will find. The SDC2300 runs smooth and is darn near immune to mineralization.

It stays in balance, unlike the Gold Bug II and it goes deep 2/10ths of a gram at 6 and 7 inches. I also like the fact that it uses rechargeable C cells or regular C alkalines in a pinch. Down side, the the SDC2300, has no discrimination.

The Gold Bug is good for those really shallow areas that may have a lot of trash. Sitck that baby in iron mask and off you go.

I have found a lot of gold with the SDC and I have seen a lot of gold found with it. Robin, Lucky Lundquist's wife was using an SDC at Rye Patch while we were all using GPZ7000's and she was kicking our ass ever day for 4 days straight.

Doc

Here is a discussion regarding commander coil testing on the SDC. It's actually not "hard wired".

http://golddetecting.4umer.net/t22372-coil-question-for-the-sdc-2300#216360

Interesting for sure Chris. That was one of the things I did not like about the 2300. Being stuck with 1 coil. I still love my GB2 though. Found lots of nuggets and alot of golden fly poo with it.