Nugget Shooter Forums
Ahorton10

Great day in the hills

I got out for a few hours today with my son and scored a nugget with my gpx 5k. My son has officially caught gold fever too haha. Nugget weighed in at 5.25grams post-26535-0-96399800-1448664939_thumb.j

post-26535-0-33223100-1448665074_thumb.j

Edited by Ahorton10
  • Like 6

That would be a boulder in my book , way to go.

• Like 1

Good on ya Adam. That's a nice score in anyone's book. Nice to see the little one with you, they don't stay small forever.

Old Tom

Nice nugget. I love having the kids there. I take mine darn near every time I go out. Good job.

Id say you had a great day-Nice nugget :head: Mike C... :200: PS-Be careful because once you get use to the nice smooth threshold of the 5K you wont want to use any vlf again-Believe me Ive tried and after about an hour or so of the boing-peep-pip and pop it soon gets retired :nutty::4chsmu1:

Edited by Mike C...

Thanks everyone! Mike c, I couldn't go back after I switched to a gp extreme. The gpx is even nicer though, as long as I remember to take my knife out of my cargo pocket, it took me an hour to figure out what was giving me false signals haha.

Crap Adam!
That's awesome :)
Glad you got him out and you guys found a nice chunk!!!! :yesss:

WTGO man :th:

Tom H.

Holymoly!!!!! Nice going dude, that is an awesome find!!! I'm glad you got that whopper and with a broken collar bone.

Thanks Tom, the funny thing is, I bet most the az guys on this forum myself included have walked right by this one. It was right off the road in a pounded area. There were dig holes all around too. I thought it was trash but I was digging everything still getting used to the machine. I'm glad I dug it though! It was about 8 inches down and screamed, most any detector would have picked it up.

• Like 2

Excellent find made that much sweeter with your son as a witness.

Way to go !! :yesss:

That is way way cool. Nice to snag a piece big enough to put next to a quarter. I generally have to use dimes. :4chsmu1: Great work!!

What's the location?

I'll let you know if I walked past that one ?

What's the location?

I'll let you know if I walked past that one

Arizona.

• Like 1

What's the location?

I'll let you know if I walked past that one

LSD :head: Unless its got your name on it-youll never find it :idunno: Mike c... :200:

Edited by Mike C...

Yeah, I remember walking past that one.

Old Tom

Great piece and size.....best of all, may have a future nuggeteer in the ranks.

WTG A10 -- and with a busted wing too..! :yesss:

Sorry to hear about your son though, since as we know there is no cure.. All anyone can

hope for is the expense of "medications" leads one to periods of successful recovery.. :4chsmu1:

Swamp

Thats a nice nugget Adam, they are out there and every once and a while you will get a nice one like that.

Amen A10, getm' up and out to live a life and not vegetate....cool find for sure-kudos-John :thumbsupanim

Not bad for one arm, imagine what you could find with one leg!! Nice beeping, no one ever gets them all.

Hey Adam ... You realize that one nugget is a very costly one don't you? :idunno::tisk-tisk: ... I see another GPX5K purchase on the horizon ... or at least a new GPX4500 or SDC2300 ... about same price for either of those last two! Either way that is at least a $3000 expense in the Santa budget or 2016 budget! :4chsmu1::old: Great find you guys and great to see the younger guys and gals getting out with the moms and dads! :yesss:

Mike F

• Like 1