Nugget Shooter Forums

One armed metal detecting

Ahorton10

Well...im out of work for the next 8 to 12 weeks with a broken collar bone, im gonna see if I can get in some detecting during this time with one arm haha. Might give it a trial run tomorrow. Wish me luck....if only I had power steering and a right hand break lever on my quad, oh well I'll just stick to places I can get to in my truck for now.

• Like 1

Well Crap Adam!...how the heck did you do that?
Take it easy....heal up for Quartzsite :)
GL to you

Tom H.

• Like 1

Tipped over in a rhino sunday. Ill be fine by quartzite for sure

This is gonna be a nice campfire story :)

Tom

:yesss: Just goes to prove that you can't keep a good miner down for long. Err on the side of caution as falling down on a already bust collar bone is NO fun as seen done and many complications arose- tons a au 2 u 2-John

Having never owned a tri or quad, I can't comprehend a left hand lever being anything other'n a clutch..

So I can just picture myself all in the air ass over tin cans the first time I took off on one, go to make the

first shift and pull on the brake lever instead (guessing they're all auto clutch these days..)

Heal up well, A10..

Swamp

Lol swampstomper, my quad is pretty idiot proof, gas on the right brake on the left. Shay, if you're gonna break a bone the collar bone really isn't too bad, it does however limit use of one arm but it really doesn't hurt. Falling down and trying to catch myself would definately end in surgery so I gotta be really careful, I'll mostly be playing on easy access areas until it's usable again. I wish I could run a shovel, I always wanted time off to actually try to make a little money on gold, now I have the time but I can't do the work haha.

I got out for a couple hours this evening. It was a pain digging with one arm but not too bad, certainly doable. No gold today but the weather was perfect at the lsd and it was nice to get out of the house for a while. I'm really starting to like my gpx5000, there's a lot to learn but it's very sensitive and im confident I'll get over some good gold in the near future!

• Like 2