Nugget Shooter Forums

To the hills...

Nugget Shooter

Beautiful weekend coming up and I am off to a spot I located last spring before it got hot and tagged just over 1/4 ounce of nuggets with the new beeper. Really looking forward to getting out solo for a couple days to explore and maybe even get some gold. Today is my Friday and am chomping at the bit....

Hope you all have a great weekend and get some gold!

• Like 2

Good Luck Beel!
Hope to see some yellow posts after the weekend.

Tom H.

Good luck out there Bill !!

Hope you hook a lunker.... :black_knight_standing:

looking forward to the post-trip post

Luke

Well got to my area, spent the day digging a few trash targets and then in late afternoon tagged 3 nuggets from a small wash. Really jazzed since this is a new spot in an already proven area so went back to camp and had dinner and a couple beers. Went to bed with big plans to hunt on Saturday morning. Then around 10:00pm 4 truckloads of folks show up unload quads and build a huge fire. The kids (12) of them start tearing it up with the quads and parents crank the mariachi music and start drinking. So I turn on my lights and come outside and the minute I step out a dude says "you got a problem Gringo?" went on to say this was their spot. So went back in to try and sleep, then one guy is in my cooler outside and takes a beer... Back out the door and took cooler inside.

Got up in the morning and left not wanting to risk leaving my stuff to be stolen while 7 miles away. Went home and then discovered water coming out the weep hole on the Chevy's water pump so spent Saturday replacing it. Sunday went exploring with Dave locally.

Now before all you badass souls ask about guns and such, yes I was armed, yes I felt my rights were violated, yes I was real pissed, but no did not want to go to prison for shooting at folks playing loudly.

I will go back soon.... Will camp further in and not in a so obvious previously used camp area.

• Like 1

:idunno: Kudos and much respect as much cooler heads prevail and LIVE to fight yet another day. Situation is horrendous but your cool was amazing, respect. We didn't get this bloody old doing stupid things in untenable situations. John

• Like 1

I do think that is good restraint, especially because the law ends at the end of the hardball road and after that you're reliant on the kindness of others and your on wits to settle things. The law whether the sheriff or local police will not drive seven miles down the wash and 100 year old unmaintained mining roads for anything short of a capital offense.

Good to hear about your finds, Bill. As for the noisy people, I hear this more and more. They pull up in the middle of the night ... sometimes parking on both sides of you, and then blare tuba music until you leave. Can't even camp anymore at Pleasant or other lakes anymore because of this. Like you said, you could do some target practice but then maybe it escalates to something even beyond that. Not worth sitting in prison missing family. It's sad we have to use this much restraint because some people need to be taught a lesson. Good job keeping it cool!

• Like 1

Thats happened to me, so I cranked Pantera from my trucks very loud sound system. Then when they came to say something to me my American Bulldog literally almost ripped their faces off.

That did the trick...

I was younger and dumber then and probably wouldn't do that again. It makes a great story though and watching them run for their lives was priceless!

Way to keep it cool Bill.

• Like 1