Nugget Shooter Forums

A friend of mine found this medal and can't find anything about it. On the back is the company Whittfield and Hoague New Jersey. This company was bought out long ago and the old company records were destroyed. Any help appreciated.

thanks

post-227-0-35589500-1446341759_thumb.jpg

Are you sure it's a medal? Looks like a nice old decorative peice. Either way, it is very cool. Wish I could help. Nice find.

First thing that comes to mind is a commerative piece as spot for a picture and name?? Or an award presentation for deeds done?? RIGHTEOUS find :thumbsupanim never seen another in 60+ years of collecting-John

First thing that comes to mind is a commerative piece as spot for a picture and name?? Or an award presentation for deeds done?? RIGHTEOUS find :thumbsupanim never seen another in 60+ years of collecting-John

That's what I was thinking, some award or campaign medal poss from back east or south judging from the headress.

I'm wondering if it may have been something the government gave to a chief of an indian tribe. If so, it nay have some serious value, if it could be authenticated.

Jim