Nugget Shooter Forums

Found a few more….

spa in nv

I was able to get out for a few days last week. Found these working some tailings. The gold is mixed with quartz and rock except for the small piece. All found with the x-terra 70. The close ups are the small solid nugget and the big specimen taken through a microscope.post-23813-0-52144300-1445560813_thumb.jpost-23813-0-45124700-1445560836_thumb.jpost-23813-0-68745700-1445560851_thumb.j

Congrats on the nice gold.

I have never seen green gold like that before. Is that your camera that makes it look that color or is my monitor's colors deceiving me?

No one else has mentioned it, that's why I'm wondering if it's just on my end.

It looks like a clump of green algae to me. :89:

Very nice work.....I like the magnification pictures. If you don't mind me asking, what microscope and camera do you use?

Relic, it is a Leica MZ75. The scope and camera are all one unit. We have one at my work. I was having a hard time getting a decent picture with my cameras so I thought I would try the microscope. It is about 30x magnification.

Congrats on the nice gold.

I have never seen green gold like that before. Is that your camera that makes it look that color or is my monitor's colors deceiving me?

No one else has mentioned it, that's why I'm wondering if it's just on my end.

It looks like a clump of green algae to me. :89:

Yeah, I do see a slight green tint to it. More gold than green though. I think it is the magnification camera.

Spa in Nv,

Thanks for the update....sure would be nice to have one of those....close ups do look much nicer and you can see the detail of the nuggets.

• 1 month later...

Great find for an X-Terra! I'll have to tell my prospecting buddy. He's a little frustrated with his X-Terra. I think he nicknamed it Howler because it howls if you just look at it square. Thanks for sharing this.

Thanks Andyy. Tell your buddy it will find the gold. I'm not sure if he is in some really hot ground or just not balanced, but mine is real stable in decent ground of course. All of these recent finds were shallow as I was working tailings that had been spread out. That tiny one in the picture is my smallest find yet. My scale bounces around the .06 gram mark. I think it has a hard time weighing it. Tell him to keep at it.

Take care, Steve

there are lots of settings and modes on the xterra...make sure your pal has read the manual and carries it with him. If he has the 10 inch elyp-dd running in hot ground will be easier...sounds like a setting/ground balance problem to me...

fred

Thanks Steve & Fred. We primarily hunt LSD region in Arizona. He is using the 10" E DD. I will pass on your recommendations. They are much appreciated. It may just be that we need to get the X-Terra over the shallow gold.

Archived