Nugget Shooter Forums

Quick hunt before football....

Decided to go to a spot I have been looking at trying the GPZ 7000 a few miles from home this morning before the Cardinal football game started at 10.00am Have hunted the area many times and found nuggets up to 3/4 ounce in the past. Most of the material is not much over a foot deep on top of Tuft bedrock and littered with ironstone, etc as well as hot basalt. First time I have felt the need to use the "High Yield" setting on the GPZ 7000 with the "Gain" at 6 as it is a noisy area, and though I only hunted a little over an hour I tagged 2 nuggets. One has enough magnetite in to be slightly magnetic. Going to have to go back and work the whole area in this setting, ran very stable and both were on the bedrock or almost at around 10 to 12 inches. Should not be any targets left at this spot since soil is so shallow :4chsmu1: was surprised....

post-3-0-77103200-1445190284_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-88237400-1445190512_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-96250000-1445190542_thumb.jpg

Nothing beats finding nugs in a "worked out" area under ground one's already been over many times..

The supposition would be there's something to be said about the new machine with its expanded software..

Swamp

Bill,

Good job. They look pretty nice to me.

Swamp,

There is a lot that beats finding small nuggets in a 'worked out' area but that is not where Bill went! haha :ROFL:

The Zed has expanded all of our hunting areas again and will open new and old.

What will be after the Zed for us? How deep can or will we go?

Mitchel

Hey Bill nice species :thumbsupanim Lon and I went to spot last weekend with our obsolete 5000"s and managed to find 3 little dinks in an area where at least 2 7000"s and a 2300 had been :4chsmu1: Bottom line I dont care what your beepin with NO ONE GETS IT ALL :old: Oh and thanks for the invite :arrowheadsmiley: Mike C... :200:

What is an obsolete 5000? :idunno: Still selling them and the 4500, both good beepers. Was just showing some nuggets :4chsmu1: Would it be better if I left out any details or what detector I hunt with? :th: Glad you guys scored and glad the season is upon us once again.... :yesss:

• Like 1

Dang ya....you beat me today :yesss:
Glad you got em!!

Bet I got more wet than you though :2mo5pow:
Tom H.

Edited by TomH

Hey Bill nice species :thumbsupanim Lon and I went to spot last weekend with our obsolete 5000"s and managed to find 3 little dinks in an area where at least 2 7000"s and a 2300 had been :4chsmu1: Bottom line I dont care what your beepin with NO ONE GETS IT ALL :old: Oh and thanks for the invite :arrowheadsmiley: Mike C... :200:

I got the last one today out of my spot :200:

Heres the coord if you want to check 52.98.487 45.65.333

Tom H :ROFL:

10-12 inces, I should probably just quit this detecting.

Honestly were, but was guessing (don't carry a ruler).... Not unusual for a 1 gram or so bit to be heard by the 7000 at that depth..... 5000 will hear some that deep as well in that size range.