Nugget Shooter Forums

Here are directions to the camp area...

From Pierce Ferry Road you turn onto Greggs Hideout Road and you will see a row of mailboxes at:
N35' 46.911 W114' 07.734

Go almost 3 miles from the mailboxes to intersection with big yellow sign and black arrow pointing left onto Spring Drive at: N35' 49.326 W114' 09.176

At the end of Spring Drive turn right and you are back on Hideout Road and the second cattle guard is just ahead at: N35' 49.362 W114' 10.056

Stay on Hideout Road and cross over second cattle guard at Hideout and Gladiola Drives. Proceed straight on Hideout Road till you come to the MPA28 sign at: N35' 52.808 W114' 10.524

Turn left here onto the road that runs along the left side of Hideout Road then turn left at bottom of slight hill at: N35' 52.995 W114' 10.553

Turn right at fork at end of road at: N35'52.996 W114'11.582 MORE TO FOLLOW:

HERE IS THE REST:

Turn left at the "Y" in the road at: N5235' 53.697 W114' 12.329

The GOLD BASIN sign will be on your left at: N35' 52.952 W114' 13.725

Proceed straight a good stones throw till you reach the fabled Joshua tree with the firpit nearby at: N35' 52.882 W114' 13.837

Here is a link to a driving map from Kingman to Gold Basin Rd, alternate route would be Stockton Hills Road from Kingman to Peirce Ferry Road.

Gold Basin Route.kml

Joining the GPAA would be a good idea since we are camping on their claim and you will also be able to hunt there if a member. Otherwise I may try to get JB to let us hunt his property...

Also the GSSN and Mohave Prospectors have some nice claims in the area and are very reasonable price wise...

What is the name of the GPAA claim that we will be camping on? Also my van is two wheel drive and will it get me in and out okay. Have been a GPAA member for 20+ years but have never been to this area. Looking forward to the outing.

Does someone have the correct map??????? I have a new laptop and no google earth.

Bill:

Send me the cords of the campsite and I will post some maps.

AUJACK: Yes, a two wheel drive will make it in there fine. Some guys bring 30 ft RVs up there.

Tom H.

Bill:

Send me the cords of the campsite and I will post some maps.

AUJACK: Yes, a two wheel drive will make it in there fine. Some guys bring 30 ft RVs up there.

Tom H.

Tom, unless I'm wrong Bill posted the campsite cords in the first post.....

"..Proceed straight a good stones throw till you reach the fabled Joshua tree with the firpit nearby at: N35' 52.882 W114' 13.837...."

Thanks! :)
Tom

Thanks guys I appreciate the info I have looked into membership with GPAA. Good luck and good digging !

By the way my property is right across Pierce Ferry Road from that location my brother lives there. it's a great area for meteorites also. :thumbsupanim

There is meteorites in gold basin?? Excellent!!

To Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep for a Goldbug-so I guess your SOL :4chsmu1: Mike C... :200:

Not to worry Rick ... Mike C is yanking on the proverbial leg of BD ... Mike C is famous for doing that stuff ... he means no harm by it ... at least that is my opinion! ;-) Lots of nuggets and meteorites have been found with a GB in GB ... hadn't thought about those initials before but if ever there was a place for a Gold Bug(GB) to shine it is Gold Basin(GB) ... GB=GB ... read that how you wish! :-)

Mike F

Tell me it's not true Mike. Gonna be hunting with one there.

Hi Rick just joking the ground there is very mild so you shouldnt have any problems Good luck hope you bust its cherry :4chsmu1: Mike C... :200: PS Have BD show you how to run it and then work really hard for it by clearing out a complete wash with a rake or what ever he uses to get to bed rock-Can you dig it ? :nutty:

Edited by Mike C...

Hi Rick just joking the ground there is very mild so you shouldnt have any problems Good luck hope you bust its cherry :4chsmu1: Mike C... :200: PS Have BD show you how to run it and then work really hard for it by clearing out a complete wash with a rake or what ever he uses to get to bed rock-Can you dig it ? :nutty:

BD uses a D-11 :)

Tom

You can bet on it. I was at Gold Basn today visiting with Bunk and Frank who are already there.

I used my dads new gold bug , found some magnetite , a penny and a rusty BB. No I did not get the penny from John B's property...lol :thumbsupanim

Will be back there on Friday and again on Sat to hunt the day.