Nugget Shooter Forums

Where is the best place to go hunting around the phx area?

JJZDAUGHTER

Hi Amanda,

Best bet is to join a club like GPAA or Roadrunner Prospecting Club to get access to areas to hunt when learning the ropes so to speak. Many areas well known like Rich Hill etc. are almost completely under claim making hunting near impossible without a club membership.

• Like 1

Those clubs have monthly meetings that will help you learn the ropes. They also have outings where you can get hands on learning. I know the GPAA has quite a few claims that no matter what area of the valley you're in, there's a claim within a day trip. GPAA has access to claims across the country, and Roadrunners is local to AZ.

• Like 1

I like dredging the C.A.P. where it crosses the I 17 north of Happy Valley rd. My partner and I have done good there you should check it out . Or maybe the Roadrunner prospecting club might be better. Lol.

Dork! you let the secret out! Jez

Tom

Four hours away is a no-brainer to me..

If I stopped to pick up Skip first n then we hauled it straight through we could be there

in just over two days.. Well, just over for me, just under for Skip.. If I was that close I'd

already have 20 lbs of brisket waitin' to be smoked n pulled for BBQ..

You should go if at all possible, JJZD..

Swamp

Because you're a girl and I think girls who detect are awesome. I strongly recommend investing in the 20 year old vlf detector the fisher gold bug 2. Importantly get a few lessons. See you at the outing !!! A few of us are union approved gold bug 2 field instructors.

I went to table mesa yesterday and used lobo supertraq metal detector.But only found metal caps and some old ring to a metal pipe..they have everything blocked off with trespassing signs

I go to Table Mesa all the time and all the GPAA Abby claims are accessible from there you just need to know how to get to them.... The blocked off areas are state owned land there which is in the beginning. After thet it's all BLM Land and wide open.

Basically follow table mesa rd on the west side of I-17 and at the third left you can make there is a small sign that says to turn left for the "OHV Staging Area" (Nice clean bathrooms there if needed) go past that and at the top of the first hill on the left is a good place to start...... There are many places to go and GPAA Claims are not far past that on the other side of the Aqua Fria

I go to Table Mesa all the time and all the GPAA Abby claims are accessible from there you just need to know how to get to them.... The blocked off areas are state owned land there which is in the beginning. After thet it's all BLM Land and wide open.

Basically follow table mesa rd on the west side of I-17 and at the third left you can make there is a small sign that says to turn left for the "OHV Staging Area" (Nice clean bathrooms there if needed) go past that and at the top of the first hill on the left is a good place to start...... There are many places to go and GPAA Claims are not far past that on the other side of the Aqua Fria

Have you found anything there?

Very little..... Maybe .$.50 worth but both times was in the same wash about 1/4 mile apart but i am still fairly new with a lot to learn....especially sampling first

Joe Z, the GPAA dropped those claims this Sept. It was do to not to many people using them and the owners of the claims died off. It is now open land unless someone else picked them up. The GPAA only kept Abracadabra 19 and 20. All Calamity claims are gone (open land). This according to GPAP Phoenix chapter.

Joe Z, the GPAA dropped those claims this Sept. It was do to not to many people using them and the owners of the claims died off. It is now open land unless someone else picked them up. The GPAA only kept Abracadabra 19 and 20. All Calamity claims are gone (open land). This according to GPAP Phoenix chapter.

Wow..... I'm glad you brought that to my attention and will need to look further into it as i live very close to this area..... I never see anybody prospecting these areas and just take a chance now with some small metal detecting being sure to stay off State Land which is a big no no.

Thanks again for the update