Nugget Shooter Forums

Where to go in Arizona and/or N.M.

Looks like I will be going from Texas to Phoenix in January on business. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding places to hunt (meteorites). I can take the south route through El Paso and Las Cruces or the northern route through Albuquerque, or even strait across through Roswell. I've never hunted and desert type land and would love to bring the GPX along and take an extra day or two to play.

Any ideas??????

Can't help ya with Texas or N.M. Somebody else will have to chime in for that.
BUT, if ya make it to Phoenix,......you have 2 fields to the northwest .
1 Franconia
2 Gold Basin
I would guess 3 hrs to Franconia and 4 to the Basin.
Should be easy for you to Google some info on both areas and directions.
Hapy Huntn. :thumbsupanim

Not Wilcox then, it's definitely in AZ, between Tucson and the N.M. border.. You might be talking about Fragle Rock?

Edited by Sunpilot

Don't know about the CCL . Open carry is good. Yea, you can see people coming from a long ways out there. Never had issues. Never go out there after a good rain. That stuff turns into Slick azz stuff . Your tires fill up and your going no place.

Are those safe to venture to alone?

Well, really no where is safe to go alone. You should at least always tell somewhere where you are and provide them gps coords or a google earth file if they are not familiar with the area. You know, something they can give to county search and rescue after you've gone missing a few days. :4chsmu1:

Don't know about the CCL . Open carry is good. Yea, you can see people coming from a long ways out there. Never had issues. Never go out there after a good rain. That stuff turns into Slick azz stuff . Your tires fill up and your going no place.

That looks great. Are those safe to venture to alone?

I think Texas and NM have reciprocating CCL permits, right?

Yes, both honor each other's CCL... as does AZ