Nugget Shooter Forums

STOLEN 10-7-2015 GPX50OO!! Iron Canyon, El MTN Paso Range, CA

Thank you all for ideas thoughts and comments. I have called, emailed most of all shops, clubs in the areas. All met with the PLP group at their outing to spread the word. No idea or comprehension od one who has the guts or ignorance to take from others.. I would loan anyone most any of my mining equipment as long as they return it timely and in good shape.

I have to remember 99% are not the problem, it's the 1%. Anyhow we found 19 grams and met some really nice people. Insurance is working on the replacement all documents have been file and processed..

Looks like we are going to see Bill before the outing hopefully to restock up on a new detector unit or two.

Jeff

• Like 1
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just plain sucks, I have shared this several places and hope it helps Jeff. I just hate theives....

I'll keep my antenna up for any suspicious orders from people in your area needing batteries, power cords, headphones, etc. Doc

moving targets to me.... John

Jeff

I went to a meeting last night that has people who prospect there in those canyons. I told them of your loss. They are PCSC, Taft and GPAA members.

Which group do you belong to?

Mitchel

Thanks Michael,

I belong to GPAA, LDMA, and Roadrunners. I did speak to a couple of Taft members on the same day of the incident. All good people. Thanks for the effort.

It's getting bad. This deer season up here, there is a group of people running around the hills vandalizing deer camps and stealing equipment while the folks are out hunting. They are also stealing stuff out of their trucks and side by sides when they go out for a hike. These friggen people p!$$ me off. They are just worthless scum looking to capitalize off people who work hard for what they have. Sorry to hear about the detector. I hope you get it back.

Dan

Have to remember hopefully just the 1%. Getting ripped off really gets to one on the inside. I was really angry t the point of #%$#*. Anyhow re focused found some gold had a good rest of the week over there. Keep stuff low profile, locked and maybe a guard dog around..

• Like 1

Received response from the Task Force. I told them I would pass on any information. You can contact them if you wish.

Jim-
Who should someone contact in the event these items are found?
Allyson Cohen
The Task Force for Metal Detecting Rights Foundation

On Oct 21, 2015, at 7:14 PM, CenturyLink Customer < > wrote:

Another one for you.

Please keep a look out. I copied this from another Board. I removed the Phone Number but posting here will get the information to the owner.

Thank You for your help.

Posted Yesterday, 12:54 PM

:barnie: Well, after years of never a problem, ever in AZ, our first and most likely last trip to California, we had a theft.

On Oct 7th, 2015 approx 10 am, my GPX 5000 metal detector and 2 of our 5 gallon fuel cans were taken out of my Polaris Ranger while my wife, son and I were down in a canyon prospecting,

We were located down in a small canyon off of Garlock Road on BLM road EP 110 and EP 11 up in the Black Canyon, Sand Gulch area. This is in the EL Paso Mountains just north of Randsburg CA. We did recover both fuel cans both empty down the side of a hill.

Serial Number on the GPX 5000 Unit is: 40432514957. The detector has the mono coil on it, my Minelab swing harness , all in a new Blue soft case detector cover with red handles.

We believe due to the Minelab case had the words "MINELAB" on it made is a no brainer target.

The battery, power cable, head phones, my 2 other coils were in a backpack under the detector and were not touched. Minelab USA is aware the unit was stolen.

Reward if located and returned. Any information is and will be appreciated. No questions asked.

Anyhow that yellow gets some a little crazy sometimes, keep your gear secure, out of sight, and locked up. Shouldn't have to but unfortunately not all are honest.

Thanks,

Jeff Martin

Edited by homefire
  • Like 1

posted today on sf bay area crags list, don't know anything about this listing just an fyi;

GPX 5000 metal detector - $1

Have a metal detector for sale. Need the money ASAP. Contact me by phone only. Shoot me a price and we can talk about it. 916-561-9396 my name is Logan. Call anytime.
  • Like 1

posted today on sf bay area crags list, don't know anything about this listing just an fyi;

thank you, called left messag. No reply yet.

Have a metal detector for sale. Need the money ASAP. Contact me by phone only. Shoot me a price and we can talk about it. 916-561-9396 my name is Logan. Call anytime.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/for/5290343657.html WHen you hit reply , there's different contact info

"contact name:

• Kyle...call:
  • ☎ (916) 640-3356"

thank you, called left messag. No reply yet.

Edited by weaver hillbille

I hope you get help in investigating this. If you don't, you may be able to ask for the serial number to be sure that all the recalls have been done or just to check the year it was manufactured before going further. The police are busy investigating violent crimes, so I do hope they have time to help with this.

If it's yours, I would be very surprised if the phone number is not a Net 10 phone paid for in cash a Wal Mart. Tracing the phone number could be difficult.

Please tell us what comes of this.

Martin to Martin, most likely the police won't bother with a piece of stolen property. If they should recover it for

you then it will be months before you will be able to recover your detector.

Better make contact with the phone number, act like you know nothing about a detector. Is it water proof, will it

find coins on a beach, what color is it, etc. Then set up a meeting, turn the machne over and look at he serial

number, if it's your machine set it to one side and then open a jar of whoopass. A thief won't call the police, only

post hospital visiting hours.

• Like 1

Don has got the plan.

Years ago my chef's bag was stolen.I posted a reward and when the tweeter showed up I asked to inspect the knifes---turned around and placed them in my trunk.then let they guy know there would be no reward ( Mossberg 12 gauge drives the point home).

Sounds like that may be the 5000. Bring a friend.

• Like 2

You should act soon. If the guy is asking a reasonable price it may get sold before you get a chance to check it out. Like the last 2 guys said, call to inquire about buying it and take a friend with you.