Nugget Shooter Forums

STOLEN 10-7-2015 GPX50OO!! Iron Canyon, El MTN Paso Range, CA

azmartin

:barnie: Well, after years of never a problem, ever in AZ, our first and most likely last trip to California, we had a theft.

On Oct 7th, 2015 approx 10 am, my GPX 5000 metal detector and 2 of our 5 gallon fuel cans were taken out of my Polaris Ranger while my wife, son and I were down in a canyon prospecting,

We were located down in a small canyon off of Garlock Road on BLM road EP 110 and EP 11 up in the Black Canyon, Sand Gulch area. This is in the EL Paso Mountains just north of Randsburg CA. We did recover both fuel cans both empty down the side of a hill.

Serial Number on the GPX 5000 Unit is: 40432514957. The detector has the mono coil on it, my Minelab swing harness , all in a new Blue soft case detector cover with red handles.

We believe due to the Minelab case had the words "MINELAB" on it made is a no brainer target.

The battery, power cable, head phones, my 2 other coils were in a backpack under the detector and were not touched. Minelab USA is aware the unit was stolen.

Reward if located and returned. Any information is and will be appreciated. No questions asked.

Anyhow that yellow gets some a little crazy sometimes, keep your gear secure, out of sight, and locked up. Shouldn't have to but unfortunately not all are honest.

Thanks,

Jeff Martin

928-965-0942

call the local police dept and report it to pawn detail. asap

ANd every prospecting shop and pawn shop within 100 miles- if not the state. I wouldn't depend on 50 to notify the shops. Be a very squeeky wheel!

Back it up with snail mail to same shops ,with a flyer, detailiing the theft , descrip and reward.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1GGGE_enUS427&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=prospecting+california+stores

That sucks! Best of luck with it all. My cousin has a few claims in Cali and we've never had any issues but the bastards are out there.

:grr01: Welcome to analrexic kalif fulla thieves, liars, high graders and more crankster gangsters than you could ever count.......sic sic sic mess of a :nutty: state-John

Edited by Hoser John
  • Like 1

:grr01: Welcome to analrexic kalif fulla thieves, liars, high graders and more crankster gangsters than you could ever count.......sic sic sic mess of a :nutty: state-John

Can't argue that...BUT you're gonna find the same problem anyplace you go these days...I'd also suggest keeping an eye on craigslist.

Maybe for the Bakersfield/L.A./Inland Empire sites. If you find a suspect detector, maybe find someone locally that can check it out for you.

good luck...

I feel for your loss.... But, what were you thinking leaving your detector in the ATV while down in the canyon prospecting?

It should have been with you. How can you find gold without it?

I have second thoughts leaving my GB2 covered up and locked in my pickup.

I hope it turns up.

• Like 1

The general vicinity and nearby canyons you were visiting has a checkered history of thefts and mineral trespass for several years running -- by my lights a higher incidence than most other places I'm familiar with. There are periods of time during which seemingly homeless people establish a presence for a while, then just move on only to be replaced by others. No easy solutions. The mineral trespass incidents have occurred on a rather large scale involving middle of the night raid activities and the use of backhoes and trucks. Keep your stuff locked up and/or within sight whenever you venture there. So far no known vehicle break-ins involving shattered windows or pried locks that I am aware of. Possibly because that would get law enforcement more actively involved. Reports of mineral trespass do not seem to generate much law enforcement response. And BLM, of course, is just about worthless to contact.

Jeff

I went to a meeting last night that has people who prospect there in those canyons. I told them of your loss. They are PCSC, Taft and GPAA members.

Which group do you belong to?

Mitchel

It's getting bad. This deer season up here, there is a group of people running around the hills vandalizing deer camps and stealing equipment while the folks are out hunting. They are also stealing stuff out of their trucks and side by sides when they go out for a hike. These friggen people p!$$ me off. They are just worthless scum looking to capitalize off people who work hard for what they have. Sorry to hear about the detector. I hope you get it back.

Dan

• Like 1