Nugget Shooter Forums

Rich Hill access issues

TWHaz

As a member of the RoadRunners club I am a claim owner! Tens of thousands of dollars to lawyers and years of litigation in the courts MIGHT regain access ????? I have driven to our claims a number of times and never left my vehicle til crossing onto RR claims yet they gated me out!

J R DeMaris

Clay,

When you mentioned back way in did that mean Rincon (I think that's its name)

to either Powerline or Angel's Ranch Roads..?

Swamp

I panned gold in the Rincon Mtns just south of Tucson. You had to take the Flying J Ranch Rd off I-10. That One ?

Homefire,

Nuh-uh.. Just west of Wickenburg, and just west of where Vulture Mine Rd connects to 93 and 3 - 4 or so miles before 89 splits off toward Congress (sorry if road names & route #s are wrong -- doing this from memory,) one of the N turnoffs is onto what I think is Rincon Rd.. It wends its way northward, eventually becoming the lower endpoint for both Powerline Rd & Angel's Ranch Rd..

That's " a " back way in; just not sure if that's the one to which Barry refers..

Swamp

I panned gold in the Rincon Mtns just south of Tucson. You had to take the Flying J Ranch Rd off I-10. That One ?

How'd you do in the Rincons near Tucson? I've done some research on the area but never turned up anything except one placer area an old newspaper claimed there was on the eastside. Could have been really exaggerated tho, you know how those old papers were.

As a member of the RoadRunners club I am a claim owner! Tens of thousands of dollars to lawyers and years of litigation in the courts MIGHT regain access ????? I have driven to our claims a number of times and never left my vehicle til crossing onto RR claims yet they gated me out!

J R DeMaris

J R have you contacted Sheriffs Office to see if they could give you a reason ? Me and a friend took a look at the back way in ! Screw that No way would I try driving in that way Its a steep sloped rocky bitch. And while your at it ask RR why they havent done something about it ?

Scenic Loop Road will get you to RH from the south but you just end up the same place from a longer route ...There's only one road to get past the gate.... They've blocked off both fed and state lands...Illegally! ... Cheers, Unc

• Like 2

Well you may not have a claim anymore to go to. Over on Azoutback one guy was told that someone took the clubs money. it may be all going south anyway. I'm talking about Weaver Mining. This is about the same thing that happen to the 24 K. but it was the owner. Weaver has been a good club and I hope it's not the end.

Chuck Anders

Weaver has much bigger problems than money.

Eli Loftin has been making overclaims on the Hill this year.

If this keeps up you will be able to lose dues to two different clubs on the Hill this year. Weaver and the NEW! IMPROVED! 24K Club scam. :grr01:

RE: Weaver MD... The head guy, Dan, decided not to pay the manager and put the club on all volunteer basis, so she quit...Don't know anything about the missing funds, but do know that since Les passed, the club is plunging downhill ... Hope they can fix it.... Cheers, Unc

Well you may not have a claim anymore to go to. Over on Azoutback one guy was told that someone took the clubs money. it may be all going south anyway. I'm talking about Weaver Mining. This is about the same thing that happen to the 24 K. but it was the owner. Weaver has been a good club and I hope it's not the end.

Chuck Anders

When I paid this year, I was told of some funds missing. Dan said A miner came up with the Claim fees for this year. The deal was for exclusive rights to part of a claim. Don't remember which one. I have it on the map. I checked and fees are paid though this year for claims on the map Dan gave me.I printed them out to have on hand when prospecting. I too hope they get it straightened out. Lots of fun to be had on those claims.It would be ashamed to loose them.

Edited by TWHaz

Hi maybe we should all come in force to call this gun toting idiots hand, have the local sheriff show up cause someone might get hurt and have a good lawyer be on hand to present a court order. This guy probably has the little man syndrome. I would like to see him point his gun at the sheriff! Tim