Nugget Shooter Forums

Rich Hill access issues

TWHaz

Rich Hill has always been an ugly, negative place, energy-wise ... It seems to have re-surfaced over the past couple years ... I'm surprised if Ben is behind it, but, if he is, he's wrong! ... Probably a coalition of the clubs needs to form and bring legal action against whom ever has closed 100+ year old access ... Cheers, Unc

• Like 3

Rich Hill has always been an ugly, negative place, energy-wise ... It seems to have re-surfaced over the past couple years ... I'm surprised if Ben is behind it, but, if he is, he's wrong! ... Probably a coalition of the clubs needs to form and bring legal action against whom ever has closed 100+ year old access ... Cheers, Unc

Ben has nothing to do with this Ron. It's not on his property.

I think...wait I try to avoid doing that.... If a bunch of us showed up and proceeded to remove said gate from public road :yesss: If we should be met by any gun totin good ole boy that even remotely pointed a firearm in the wrong direction. We could have him arrested for assault with a deadly weapon ( felony ) He in turn if he decided to behave himself could charge us with destruction of property ( misdemenor ) AND then a judge would have to decide on whom owned this property :4chsmu1:

If I had to define a liberal in one word it would be----"Restrictions". If a miner in that area has a beef with another miner there, then by all means do what you have to do. But to restrict everyone else who has a claim or not is wrong. That's an old historic road passing the Weaver cemetery and old post office back to the 1800's. Further up on the left fork passing by old crazy Willy's? shack and mine. Some beautiful mining history there.

I wonder if a road could be declared historic by our government. Worst scenario that whole area being declared a wilderness area like the Superstitions. Then no one can mine or drive any motorized vehicle. But at least you will have foot access. Then that would fall on this greedy miner or company acting like a liberal. EEWW just mentioning that word gives me the creeps.

Maybe I should give my buddy John a call (aka Senator John McCain) see what his thought's are.

Jimmy

I worked on many open pit mines in Arizona and Nevada. Once they get started, they do not care about claims or claim owners. They are looking at the bottom line. Insurance is bad enough without someone suing them for injury while crossing private active mining property. Then there is the curious that will walk up on heavy equipment while it is working.

Tim Hibbs

The "mines" are not on private land. Red Mountain is mining the 40 acre Weaver #1 claim on the public lands managed by the BLM.

They have allowed everyone through the gate but the club claim members. Other claim holders have been given free access.

Edited by clay

I don't know how arizona is, but here in nevada the land owner can lock off access to the the BLM or Forest circus ground ONLY if there is a secondary access to that ground. So if there is only 1 way in and that's through the private property, then they HAVE to give access. There are alot of property owners here that block off the only access and they end up getting into trouble.

The "mines" are not on private land. Red Mountain is mining the 40 acre Weaver #1 claim on the public lands managed by the BLM.

They have allowed everyone through the gate but the club claim members. Other claim holders have been given free access.

Ah, finally starting to get close to where the gates are located and the mining is taking place..

Ahorton & TWH -- tnx for your replies; however they still leave me not knowing where things are happening..

Although I'm more interested in where they're mining & then running the material, I'd still like to know gate(s) locations.

Barry / anyone: I was of the understanding Weaver #1 is their claim that's 'in front of' Leviathan's thick bull quartz outcropping.. Is this incorrect..? If incorrect, which claim is it location-wise..? (either description/directions or GPS co-ords are fine..) Ditto where material is being processed.. if correct, still where is the processing taking place..?

Now, this next new-to-the-forum piece of information I find more-than-just-a-little troubling.. How can 'they' get away with "...allowed everyone through the gate but the club claim members..," (whom I assume 'club claim members' means Weaver members) when Weaver holds other claims in the immediate area..? It's one thing to keep non-employees off of leased parcel(s), quite another allowing modern vehicular accessibility to 'all locations other than...by everyone excluding...' There's alll kinds of names for that, none of which have positive connotations nor will they help one win friends and influence people..

Something is very not-right here.. IMHO, as much as I don't want to say this I do believe it is fairly safe to say if this matter isn't resolved positively, and soon, to the benefit of all parties involved by all parties involved, this will end up becoming much more than a minor localized issue and the next thing we know "someone" is going to come in to resolve it for us -- and that outcome won't be of a nature anyone within the small mining and prospecting community would like to have taking place..!

You're correct, Barry: It IS miners screwing other miners.. From where I sit I see absolutely no benefit for the offending party.. What I do see though are fractures forming where there should be none what so ever.. This situation needs to be, must be, resolved now, by miners, for miners.. External intercession is NOT an option..!

My thoughts & FWIW,

Swamp

• Like 1

ANyone called the sheriff?

I think someone may have I saw a Sheriff SUV driving the road headed in that direction yesterday. I don't have any claim over there but I would like to go see the cemetary and look that part of the country over. I'm not no spring chicken anymore ( 69 ) and really don't care to go hill climbing where theres a chance of flipping over backwards. WTH they hiding the crown jewels down that road ? I have seen construction jobs with big equip...they fence off the area where they work not the whole dayam road ~!

devilishjim

I went that way but like you but I'm 74 and can't afford to get hurt. I've got one broke wing with a steel ball in it now from crashing a plane.

Clay

When you said Ben don't have nothing to do with this you may be wrong. It was his paid hand that came through his gate to tell me I was going to jail for going through the other gate. I meet some people that just wanted to go to the cemetery and the same guy ran them off.

I hope it don't take six feet of dirt to get this matter settle before someone gets hurt.

Chuck Anders

Last time we were at that gate there was nobody around. Now if I was able to find someone that would tell me I couldn't go through there then me and his name would go to sheriffs office to find out why not. Has anybody been there lately ? Maybe the gate is gone. lol wishful thinking I think

Clay

When you said Ben don't have nothing to do with this you may be wrong. It was his paid hand that came through his gate to tell me I was going to jail for going through the other gate. I meet some people that just wanted to go to the cemetery and the same guy ran them off.

I hope it don't take six feet of dirt to get this matter settle before someone gets hurt.

Chuck Anders

The man you are referring to is Dan. Dan isn't paid by Ben - he's not his "paid hand". He's the unpaid caretaker at the Octave Mine which Ben and Adam own.

Dan has been running heavy equipment for Mark for a few years and has been mining for Red Mountain since the spring. It's what he does to feed himself and his horses. That's on Dan - not on Ben.

Ben doesn't take any interest in the Octave/Beehive property anymore. Adam now handles that property. I seriously doubt either one of them knows that Dan is involved in the gate fiasco.

The same road goes through Adam and Ben's property. They haven't tried to block anything.

I agree, I hope it doesn't come to violence. I doubt it will. So far only two people have done anything but complain amongst themselves. Despite the bluster most of the folks who visit the Hill are just city people at heart.

Hi clay

When I was out there I'd talk with someone at Ben's house and he told me he was living in the house of Ben's.One of the things I wanted to do was talk with the guy that owns the Johnson mine now. The owner before him I knew well and that was Steve Scott. I know talk is cheap but at the time I had some blood pressure trouble and had to go home early than wanted. I'd also went to talk with Ben too being I'd meet him because of Steve long ago.

The Best Clay!

Chuck Anders

Gary is caretaking Ben's house up by the Beehive. Dan is caretaking the Octave down by the road. Both are on Ben and Adam's property.

Auric Resources in Wickenburg is the owner of the Johnson Mine. Talk to Bill Berridge there, he and his brother are the owners of Auric. They are both very knowledgeable geologists. You can find Auric Resources in the Wickenburg phone book.

A word to the wise - the Johnson is now a fully permitted mine so you will need to get approval before going up there. Insurance and the State mining regs will keep you out if your visit isn't arranged through Auric. There are security cameras on the Johnson property now so just wandering by for a visit will bring the Sheriff.

Gary is caretaking Ben's house up by the Beehive. Dan is caretaking the Octave down by the road. Both are on Ben and Adam's property.

Auric Resources in Wickenburg is the owner of the Johnson Mine. Talk to Bill Berridge there, he and his brother are the owners of Auric. They are both very knowledgeable geologists. You can find Auric Resources in the Wickenburg phone book.

A word to the wise - the Johnson is now a fully permitted mine so you will need to get approval before going up there. Insurance and the State mining regs will keep you out if your visit isn't arranged through Auric. There are security cameras on the Johnson property now so just wandering by for a visit will bring the Sheriff.

Sheriff looked pretty friendly....The gate who owns the gate ?

Let me be clear here.

NONE of these people have anything to do with the gate:

Ben, Adam or Gary.

Auric Resources or the Berridge Brothers.

THESE people do control the gate:

Mark Anthony Rowley and his brother Jason John Rowley own the gate, but not the road. They do business as Metallicus and as their family trust. There are others.

If you want more details I suggest a PM. I'm not here to hang anybody out to dry. I, like you, just want my public road access back.

I can pass through the gate just like the other owners up there - that still doesn't make it right to gate a public road.

Only club members and the general public have been kept from going through the gate. Other claim owners, property owners and lease holders have been given free access.

nuff said

• Like 2

So we all chip in $10 to $15 get an attorney to write a cease and desist. Advise them that their unlawful blockage of the road is forcing individuals to use a treacherous and dangerous passage that is not considered an alternate route to public lands. They are hereby put on notice that anyone who is injured while being forced to use this other passage, due to their unlawful blocking of a public road, will result in a civil laibility suit for injuries suffered and punitive damages. They have 10 days to remove the lock from the gate and allow free and open access via the road, to the public wishing to access public lands. Otherwise an injunction will be sought to bring a complete and total halt to all mining operations on their property.

It is amazing what happens when a letter comes on the letterhead of an attorney.

Doc

• Like 3