Nugget Shooter Forums

Russian Version of Rokon Motorcycle

DolanDave

Here is a Russian 2x2 version of a Rokon Motorcycle... but cost $900. Watch the end, how he transports it... I guess its called a Taurus 2x2

https://youtu.be/nSWlht1ybL4

Edited by DolanDave

Man that is an awesome little gamer. I wouldn't mind having one of those myself. I promised my father I wouldn't ride again after the Harley crash but he's gone now and he'll never know. That thing could get me back in quite a distance without too much stress on the body.

Old Tom

I wouldn't be surprised if those inner tubes ( what they look like with straps around them) are filled with a closed cell foam- no flats.

I never had a tire problem on my Rokon. The only problem I see on the Russian version is it's smaller, and doesn't look like there's much room for gear. The Rokon is longer, and has racks front and rear. Empty weight of Rokon is less than 200lbs. The downside of these machines is they are hell on your back & kidneys. The upside is they will go nearly anywhere...they will put a 4x4 ATV to shame.

Jim

:yesss: Now that looks like a real fun toy to own. Only what $5,000 or so less than a Rokon so I could fab anything else missing. Portability is amazing but that's one heck of a funny looking car he packed it into. Would easily fit on my rear cargo rack on my Toyota trucks with room for gas cans too. Thanx much as will look into them further-tons a au 2 u 2-John :D

I never had a tire problem on my Rokon. The only problem I see on the Russian version is it's smaller, and doesn't look like there's much room for gear. The Rokon is longer, and has racks front and rear. Empty weight of Rokon is less than 200lbs. The downside of these machines is they are hell on your back & kidneys. The upside is they will go nearly anywhere...they will put a 4x4 ATV to shame.

Jim

My ATV has been on some serious rock climbs where somebody on 200 lbs trying to maintain balance and still climb is going to have some mighty sore legs and probably out of breath by the time you meet me at the top.... And take a quick breath cuz it was the wrong trail so turn around we have to go back down :brows:

My ATV has been on some serious rock climbs where somebody on 200 lbs trying to maintain balance and still climb is going to have some mighty sore legs and probably out of breath by the time you meet me at the top.... And take a quick breath cuz it was the wrong trail so turn around we have to go back down :brows:

Mine too, but I've had the Rokon on a sidehill too steep to go straight up by riding along a game trail...no ATV can do that. I've had the Rokon in places an ATV could not get too. That all wheel drive combined with the narrow shape gets you into all sorts of spots where ATV's simply can't go. It's that ability to tilt that does it.

Jim

Edited by Idaho Jim

Mine too, but I've had the Rokon on a sidehill too steep to go straight up by riding along a game trail...no ATV can do that. I've had the Rokon in places an ATV could not get too. That all wheel drive combined with the narrow shape gets you into all sorts of spots where ATV's simply can't go. It's that ability to tilt that does it.

Jim

I understand the side hilling part, I used to hill climb with motorcycles back in the days when they didnt know what suspension on a motorcycle was. The tilt prt is what scares me !!! One mistake and it's the Pearly Gates

That is funny alwaysdirty. Remember when Azblackbird couldn't believe we used a straw to fing gold!! Classic Azblackbird... Kinda miss that guy. He obviously hit a major placer field and doesn't want us to find it.

Edited by boulder dash

I just sent Dolan Dave all the specs-translated-into English and you make your own with tires not tubes. Cheap blueprints for the fab job. This site won't let me paste the info.....sorry...-John

try try again- ONLY PARTIAL POSTED INFO-DOLAN DAVE CAN YOU POST PM INFO AS SPENT 20 MINUTES A DOZEN TIMES AND ZIPPO-. John

Sent Yesterday, 07:34 AM

More on that awesome Russian 2WD motorcycle. You build it yourself!

Mar 27, 2014Craig FitzgeraldCar Features, OTHER8

More on that awesome Russian 2WD motorcycle. You build it yourself!

BangShift Facebook fan Howard Holmes did the homework (4th grade was the toughest three years of our lives – ed.) we didn’t and came up with the website for that great Russian 2WD motorcycle we featured earlier this week. A bit of monkeying with Google Translate and we came up with some answers:

“Anyone having the skills and drill grinder can build yourself ATV through the complete documentation,” according to the website, which is completely in Russian.

The motorcycle is called a Tarus 2 or a Tarus 2M. The difference appears to be the use of a two-stroke versus a four-stroke single cylinder engine. The Tarus 2M also runs on a more traditional tire, rather than the inner tube.

The plans are available for 1,300 Rubles, which works out to about $37 bucks, and you can get them via email.

Here’s some footage of the Tarus 2M in action in the snow. Man, we could all get together and pool a week’s worth of Pabst Blue Ribbon can deposits and get plans for one of these!

Turus 2 Technical Data

_4

Axels – 2×2
max . speed 60 km.chas ( a 3- speed version)
Engine 2 x cycle. 5-5.5 hp.
transmission – centrifugal clutch
gears -2 (3)
disc brake on the intermediate shaft
carrying capacity of 180 kg .
Fuel – 1.2 L / hr.
Wheel camera UAZ
wheel diameter – 740 mm .
Wheel width – 220 mm.
tire pressure – 0.13 kg / cm.
Ground pressure min. – 0.04 kg / cm.
clearance – 370 mm .
steering angle of the front fork 55 – degrees.
Seat height – 750 mm.
tank capacity – 5.3 liters.
dry weight – 47-50 kg.
minimum – time showdown 10-20 sec. ( detached front fork )
during disassembly max . – 2-4 min. ( includes two bags in the trunk of the Oka )

Turus 2M Technical data

2_1

Axels-2×2
max. speed 60 km.chas (a 3-speed version)
4 x cycle engine. GF-7 210 hp
transmission-centrifugal clutch
gears-2 (3)
disc brake on the intermediate shaft
Capacity 200 kg.
Fuel-1.2 L / hr.
Wheel-Kings-Tire 26x9x12
wheel diameter – 650 mm.
Wheel width – 220 mm.
tire pressure – 0.13 kg / cm.
Ground pressure min. – 0.04 kg / cm.
clearance – 310 mm.
steering angle of the front fork 55-degrees.
Seat height – 680 mm.
tank capacity – 5.8 liters.
dry weight – 72-74 kg.
minimum-time showdown 10-20
won't paste post on thread but here is the lowdown.John
Edited by Hoser John

A build it yourself motorbike from scratch. What an awesome project. I have no tools to build a bike from scratch, so I'm sure it'd cost much more than a Rokon for me to build, but I would love to do a project like this.