Nugget Shooter Forums

Wet day on a dry lake

Wet day on a dry lake

Decided to take a hunting trip had Wet day on a dry lake

Decided to take a hunting trip had been watching the weather and this looked like a dry spell enough to hunt. Got to the dry lake on Saturday night weather was perfect warm clear the stars were just beaming. Got up Sunday morning loaded up the mule and headed out onto a beautiful Drylake the surface was perfect I road about 3 1/2 miles in the center of this very very large lake at that point I started my hunt.

There had been some scattered clouds but nothing that looks threatening but just after I started my hunt I hadn't even walked 1000 yards from the bike and heavy clouds started rolling over the mountains to the west. As I was walking with my magnet stick I noticed my thumb was getting pinched on the very end so I inspected everything looked fine felt like a piece of metal sticking in the my skin I continued walking and then I got a clear shock the end of my pole. The main storm was still some distance away but I could hear what sounds like a jet engine roaring through the clouds coming towards me at this point hunt was done it was just trying to get out before it hit. I could see and opaque curtain of rain headed straight my way. I headed back to the bike where I ditched all of the magnets on site as they were collecting electric energy in the atmosphere Ian's I didn't want to be anywhere near them. By this time the rain had started to hit me I got my jacket out and bundled up as best I could and hesitated about writing a bit and waiting for the storm to pass but it just kept getting heavier so it was time to leave as I raced across the dry lake which was no longer dry it look like I was riding on a lake which I was. I made it to an access road about 1 1/2 miles from my spot the rain was driving the thunder was cracking it was hailing I got to the access road not wanting to cross the rest the lake I headed straight out towards the paved road. Even the access road had begun to fill with water is it was dug lower than the base of the lake but I made it out to the road at this point it's still raining hailing and thundering heavily. I had to write another 2 miles up the road to get to my truck which is parked on Highground as I was ridding up the road cars would pass and all they see is some crazy guy in a massive rainstorm ridding away from town into the desert they must've thought I was crazy wait I think I am. I made it back to the truck safe wait it out a few more heavy thunderstorms but after about three hours I was able to get out and head back into town. Case in point went on a dry lake in the storm like that rolls and don't worry about the magnets just leave them behind your not worth being electrical conductor. been watching the weather and this looked like a dry spell enough to hunt. Got to the dry lake on Saturday night weather was perfect warm clear the stars were just beaming. Got up Sunday morning loaded up the mule and headed out onto a beautiful Drylake the surface was perfect I road about 3 1/2 miles in the center of this very very large lake at that point I started my hunt.

There had been some scattered clouds but nothing that looks threatening but just after I started my hunt I hadn't even walked 1000 yards from the bike and heavy clouds started rolling over the mountains to the west. As I was walking with my magnet stick I noticed my thumb was getting pinched on the very end so I inspected everything looked fine felt like a piece of metal sticking in the my skin I continued walking and then I got a clear shock the end of my pole. The main storm was still some distance away but I could hear what sounds like a jet engine roaring through the clouds coming towards me at this point hunt was done it was just trying to get out before it hit. I could see and opaque curtain of rain headed straight my way. I headed back to the bike where I ditched all of the magnets on site as they were collecting electric energy in the atmosphere Ian's I didn't want to be anywhere near them. By this time the rain had started to hit me I got my jacket out and bundled up as best I could and hesitated about writing a bit and waiting for the storm to pass but it just kept getting heavier so it was time to leave as I raced across the dry lake which was no longer dry it look like I was riding on a lake which I was. I made it to an access road about 1 1/2 miles from my spot the rain was driving the thunder was cracking it was hailing I got to the access road not wanting to cross the rest the lake I headed straight out towards the paved road. Even the access road had begun to fill with water is it was dug lower than the base of the lake but I made it out to the road at this point it's still raining hailing and thundering heavily. I had to write another 2 miles up the road to get to my truck which is parked on Highground as I was ridding up the road cars would pass and all they see is some crazy guy in a massive rainstorm ridding away from town into the desert they must've thought I was crazy wait I think I am. I made it back to the truck safe wait it out a few more heavy thunderstorms but after about three hours I was able to get out and head back into town. Case in point went on a dry lake in the storm like that rolls and don't worry about the magnets just leave them behind your not worth being electrical conductor.

Bryan

post-23548-0-41693200-1444313054_thumb.j

post-23548-0-38119300-1444313092_thumb.j

post-23548-0-10529800-1444313113_thumb.j

Our Dry lakes south and west of Lordsburg NM can get Ugly after a Heavy Rain. In a 4 x 4 you can just spin in place. Tires fill up an your camping out. Lucky for us or a Curse New Mexico Winds are a Good thing about then. Stuff can Dry out almost as fast as it turned swamp. Ever thought about one of these on the Dry Lakes ? LOL

All ya need is a tail rigger Coil get yur machine to blip at 60 MPH.