Nugget Shooter Forums

Found a new wash

Alwaysdirty

I had the chance to get out this morning and went exploring a couple new washes. I hiked up one and down the other back to the truck.

Not having any luck and getting close to calling it quits I was at the lower portion of the second wash and came upon a stretch of ground that was looking pretty good to me... :head:

So I cleared out a small area to bedrock and checked it out with the GB2. After two BB's in the same little crack I hit a third signal that turned out to be a nice little piece of gold! :yesss:

I called it a day after that and now have a new area to work over. What a great feeling! Hopefully some more gold will pop up and this stretch of wash will give me quite a few hours of fun with the drywasher and detector.

post-27032-0-19754300-1443496612_thumb.jpost-27032-0-29205200-1443496642_thumb.jpost-27032-0-33033800-1443496690_thumb.j

Edited by Alwaysdirty
  • Like 2

Good goin Shay, that is a neat looking wash you have cornered. Sure a lot of digging to be done there, but I could sit and watch you all day. :Diggin_a_hole:

Old Tom

• Like 2

Thanks guys! The trash wash almost non existent in the first wash, I only found two BB's there. I found a few more really small pieces of lead in a little pocket but I left them sitting on a rock.

The second wash doesnt seem to have been hit by anyone in a long time and doesn't have as many hot rocks as the first wash, its just begging to be cleaned out by me. But with my luck I found the one nugget in the whole wash!

I would bet a cold beverage there are way more pieces then just the one. Could be loaded with fines too. Your piece looks nice and course,it's possible there are some 1/2 grams in there. I'm going to publicly say your success is most likely from your new sticker...(I brake for bedrock)

Edited by boulder dash
  • Like 4

WTG Shay :)
Glad you were able to find a nuggy.

Would be interested to hear what the rest of the wash does

Tom H.,

I would bet a cold beverage there are way more pieces then just the one. Could be loaded with fines too. Your piece looks nice and course,it's possible there are some 1/2 grams in there. I'm going to publicly say your success is most likely from your new sticker...(I brake for bedrock)

I completely agree!

WTG Shay :)

Glad you were able to find a nuggy.

Would be interested to hear what the rest of the wash does

Tom H.,

Oh you will Tom! Unfortunately it will probably be a couple months, I had to hike quite a ways to get to this spot. If I could 4wheel back there I could get a lot closer to haul the drywasher and gear in, however the Bronco is in pieces right now and will be awhile before shes back together. I'll probably go back with just the detector before then though.