Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

garimpo

WHO NEEDS GUNS

Why Grandpa carries a gun

The quintessential reason why Grandpa carries a gun.
Please read this and notice "A Little Gun History"about half way down – staggering numbers!

Why Carry a Gun?

My Grandpa said to me, "Son, there comes a time in every man's

life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and
usually it's when he becomes too old to take a whoopin'."

I don't carry a gun to kill people; I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil; I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the World.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government; I carry a gun because

I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry; I carry a gun so that I don't
have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be
prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone; I carry a gun
because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed and not on a sidewalk
somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man; I carry a gun because
men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate; I carry a gun because
unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it; I carry a gun because I love

life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police protection is an oxymoron: Free citizens must protect

themselves because police do not protect you from crime; they just
investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean
up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to

take a whoopin'!

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY

THAT THIS COULD HAPPEN IN OUR COUNTRY, TOO !!!!!!

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control:
· From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents,
unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------
In 1911, Turkey established gun control:
· From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to
defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------
Germany established gun control in 1938:
From 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were
unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------

China established gun control in 1935:

From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents,

-----------------------

Uganda established gun control in 1970:
· From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

-----------------------

56 million defenseless people were rounded up and exterminated in the
20th Century because of gun control.
-----------------------
You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians
disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes,
gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

With guns, we are 'citizens'; without them, we are'subjects'.

During WW II, the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most

Americans were ARMED!

Gun owners in the USA are the largest armed forces in the World!

If you value your freedom, please spread this anti-gun control message to all of your friends.

The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense.

The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.

SWITZERLAND ISSUES A GUN TO EVERY HOUSEHOLD!
SWITZERLAND'S GOVERNMENT ISSUES AND TRAINS EVERY ADULT IN THE USE OF A RIFLE.

SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE
OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!

IT'S A NO BRAINER! DON'T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF TAX DOLLARS MAKING LAW-ABIDING CITIZENS EASY TARGETS.

I'm a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment! If you are too, please
forward this. If you're not a believer, please reconsider the true
facts. This is history, not what's being shown on TV.

From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

-----------------------

Guatemala established gun control in 1964: From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970:
· From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------
Cambodia established gun control in 1956:
· From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------

56 million defenseless people were rounded up and exterminated in the

20th Century because of gun control.
-----------------------
You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians

disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes,
gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

With guns, we are 'citizens'; without them, we are'subjects'.

During WW II, the Japanese decided not to invade America because

they knew most Americans were ARMED!

· Gun owners in the USA are the largest armed forces in the World!

· If you value your freedom, please spread this anti-gun control message to all of your friends.

The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense.

· The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.

· SWITZERLAND ISSUES A GUN TO EVERY HOUSEHOLD!
SWITZERLAND'S GOVERNMENT ISSUES AND TRAINS EVERY ADULT IN THE USE OF A RIFLE.

· SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE
OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!

IT'S A NO BRAINER! DON'T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF TAX DOLLARS MAKING LAW-ABIDING CITIZENS EASY TARGETS.

I'm a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment! If you are too, please
forward this. If you're not a believer, please reconsider the true
facts. This is history, not what's being shown on TV.

I just plain old love'm. Saved my life,and my 4 year old sons life, more than once. You never need one till the need arises......I'll carry the scars on my face till the day I die from being too slow on the draw but it's who walks away is the winner-John

I would agree with you Garimpo........but on one hand Switzerland has a different culture than ours. In my opinion the reason some countries have low crime and deaths related to guns is because their culture is refined and educated. Our problem here in the U.S. is we have lost control of immigration so anyone can come here...criminals and the lowest scum on earth to do what they choose once they arrive. I nation without border control siezes to be a nation in the future. Assimilation to our norms and customs is essential. Inner city violence among gangs is another problem. Switzerland is one of those exceptions....small well run country with high education and a low population made up of three dominate groups, Germans,Italians and Swiss. Look at our country....Like Michel Savage says.......for those that know of him, he is a conservative radio host....who says..diversity is perversity. So in this case, I don't favor gun control at all...regardless of where I choose to live. Because the criminals will always have weapons....so I like to have mine..... :4chsmu1:

I sent a copy of that to a few people. Good post garimpo.

Jim

I need a Gun. At 7 years old I was turned loose with a .22. Training started at age 5. I Shot Habits, Snakes, Coyotes, any thing you could Eat. In the Desert we don't have Squirrels and the Fuzzy Tailed Tasty Bits. Here ya eat what taste good and piss on the Rest. CNN, Fox News, NSABC, Or the others have NO Clue what life is like out of the Concrete Jungle. In the Real World you have to work for a living.

Ya got that right...most of those morons would starve to death if they had to make a living doing something productive.

Jim

Read something very similar to that article some time ago. It made very good sence then and seems to be even more pertinent in today's world.....KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY!

I would agree with you Garimpo........but on one hand Switzerland has a different culture than ours. In my opinion the reason some countries have low crime and deaths related to guns is because their culture is refined and educated. Our problem here in the U.S. is we have lost control of immigration so anyone can come here...criminals and the lowest scum on earth to do what they choose once they arrive. I nation without border control siezes to be a nation in the future. Assimilation to our norms and customs is essential. Inner city violence among gangs is another problem. Switzerland is one of those exceptions....small well run country with high education and a low population made up of three dominate groups, Germans,Italians and Swiss. Look at our country....Like Michel Savage says.......for those that know of him, he is a conservative radio host....who says..diversity is perversity. So in this case, I don't favor gun control at all...regardless of where I choose to live. Because the criminals will always have weapons....so I like to have mine..... :4chsmu1:

Switzerland and Australia, with more than a quarter of their population born outside the country, are the two countries with the highest proportion of immigrants in the world. In Switzerland immigrants form nearly 30% of the population. In the U.S. the percentage is less than 15% - half as much as Switzerland.

The largest immigrant groups in Switzerland are those from Italy, Germany, Former Yugoslavia, Albania, Portugal and Turkey (Turks and Kurds).

The U.S. has the highest gun ownership in the world with nearly 90 guns per 100 citizens.

Switzerland is #5 with about 45 guns per 100 citizens.

Australia is #40 with about 15 guns per 100 citizens.

I have owned firearms of all sorts since I was old enough to understand their proper use and care. I believe all weapons should be available to all people in good standing. Gun control is for repressive dictators. Gun ownership helps keep those repressive dictators from taking hold in my town.

Switzerland is one of the most civilized, well educated and culturally diverse nations on earth. That has happened since WWI. Before that the Swiss were mostly poor ignorant farmers. As you can see above less than 70% of the citizens of Switzerland are native to Switzerland. The U.S. not so much on the well educated. Culturally were are probably more diverse than any nation on earth with the exception of Australia.

The point is that I'm not seeing any direct relationship between gun ownership, nationality and immigration. Using Switzerland as an example doesn't really link immigrants or gun ownership to crime. The U.S. has one of the highest gun murder rates in the world (#15) because we use guns to kill each other, not because we have more guns (we do) or because we have more immigrants (we don't) or because we have more crime. We don't have more crime - the U.S. is #111 on the international list of murders and #22 on the list of crimes per capita - all of "civilized" Europe, including Switzerland, has more crime per capita than the U.S.

We have the 2nd Amendment if we can keep it. It's one of our greatest strengths. Trying to justify gun ownership based on immigration or culture is, in my opinion, just a distraction from the fact that we have a solid natural, constitutional and legal right to keep and bear arms of all kinds - no excuses or justifications needed. Switzerland doesn't have the right, Australia doesn't and Mexico doesn't. It's OUR right. Lets not get distracted trying to justify that right because within the right itself we have all the justification and ability to keep it we need - if we are willing.

As long as I have ammo, I have the justification.........John

The Current issue is the Enemy in the White house has loaded the Executive Branch with his Muslim Comrades.

You're preachin' to the choir. :brows:

I just read that the absolute last gun store in Frisco is closing the 31st as being run out of business by insane regulations, rules and restrictions. Video all sales and turn in the video to the cops weekly...SAY WTF....adios as in biz since 1953 when the owner won a huge world contest...now a dildo store will open in that sic sic sic cesspool of pervertisity-John

I am with you John on the immoral road our country has taken, all that was good is bad, and bad is looked as good or should not be questioned. I cannot even watch the tv...full of smut. One thing I noticed was the difference in family or Disney shows....when we were young we watched shows, regardless of show, the parents were respected by the character children. Now , the parents are made to look like imbeciles, and idiots by the kids on the show. Back to GUNS, I know we always refer to countries that have outlawed them, I can tell you I know people in those countries that still have em..they may not have 1000's of bullets and stock piles of ammo laying around, but they do have 5 or 6 just enough to get the job done.

Went to the movies yesterday. The sign inside said "no firearms allowed".

I felt so much safer.........

Don't go into Established Gun Free Zones.

Thanks to the Australian ban, I picked up a scoped first generation (1938) Winchester mod 70 30-06 for peanuts.

Local shop owner bought a schmit load of guns from a private owner in Australia. :yesss:

Me-1

Australia-0

I win! :brows:

For some reason copy/paste died for me here,emoticons also, but the gun ban(all guns confiscated) in OZ failed miserably after the first year-gun violence/murder/robbery/assault up over 44% and much more in some catagories. NO yaaaaa.....John

On 10/12/2015 at 0:44 AM, Hoser John said:

For some reason copy/paste died for me here,emoticons also, but the gun ban(all guns confiscated) in OZ failed miserably after the first year-gun violence/murder/robbery/assault up over 44% and much more in some catagories. NO yaaaaa.....John

I know this thread has been idle, but i'm a newish member now (in the shadows a while) and had to put this right.

All guns were NOT confiscated in Australia in 1996. It was only fully auto-matic and any model with over a 10rnd magazine. There are Licence Categories that even allow ownership of semi-auto rifles here. Collectors is another area where firearms outside these categories are allowable, though as with a lot of things, there are limitations (Cat. D iirc).

The mainstream media reads like a comic book regarding firearms these days, what with all the mis-information, un-researched topics, & misdirection they can muster. Over 12 Million AR 15's made, and up to 8 Million in the public's hand, and been available for over 30 years, yet it's only the last 5-10 yrs they have been anything close to 'regular' features of 'massacre's'. Handguns have had similar, or even worse outcomes that most rifle massacre's.

Most rifles handed in during the Amnesty were old single shot ex-army & surplus Enfield .303's, .22's, and shotguns. The occasional .30-06 as stated above also were discovered, though not nearly in the numbers of the other calibers and about as much as the odd pump-action shotty, or magazined semi-auto .22 as well as the odd 'exotic' firearm.

For all intents & purposes, there would be equal, if not more, banned firearms in Australia now, than pre-ban. Most collectors would have kept their collection, many were never registered (purchase pre legislated requirements) from new, and some where just old fashioned holdout 'outlaws'.

Then there is the black market.....but that's another story not for here.

Don't worry though, i see as much mis-information here in Australia by locals who think they know about US gun laws, so in that regard, we are even.

Gypsy

Gypsy,

We;come to the forum!

Thanks for the clarification on the gun laws of Australia!

The AR-15 has in fact been available for civilians for over 30 years as a semiautomatic rifle, actually it was first sold to civilians in 1963 so 53 years is how long it's been available and now it's being touted by anti-gun activists as a military weapon, which it's not, the M-16 now is a military weapon and if it had been used during any of these awful events, the devastation would of been many, many times of the outcome of those events. 

2 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

Gypsy,

We;come to the forum!

Thanks for the clarification on the gun laws of Australia!

The AR-15 has in fact been available for civilians for over 30 years as a semiautomatic rifle, actually it was first sold to civilians in 1963 so 53 years is how long it's been available and now it's being touted by gun anti-activists as a military weapon,

Thanks for the Welcome and i agree with your statement about the numbers had an M-16 been used.

Above is a case in point of confusion. I was under the impression the M-16 was first released in '59 and in '63 came along the AR-15 (effectively taking 3x combatants out of the fight, in theory), but thought it's initial sales only to the 'Forces' with availability to the public not until around the mid Eighties.

Guess i read conflicting articles and drew the wrong conclusion, and it wan't until the 80's when they regulated the legislation to just owning semi-auto's only.

Having said that, my point remains unchallenged, in that, for the numbers of rifles (AR 15) 'out there' (one report of 12 Million Armalite Rifles AR-15's 'Sold', not including 'clones'), coupled with the 'time' they have been available and around, why is it only the last 5-10 years they have become as prevalent as they appear in the 'media' (some reports over 10 years show only 12 incidents with AR 15, includes 'similar to' models from other makers, most are handgun incidents)???? Yes.i'm sure some ownership inspiration comes from the Advertising (Media) and the after-market modular add-ons that have seen an increase in the market.

The Gov't and those concerned, are deliberately and willfully asking the WRONG questions, when it comes to looking for a solution to the latest upsurge of these incidents, & the weapon used. I'm certain there will be correlations to age, formative years (influences at each stage), health (physical & mental) and more...that are just plain flat out being ignored.

It's not the weapon!!!!!! More citizens are killed in the US by KNIVES!!!!! Is that the guns fault too, for not being available when the killer needed it??? I believe in Personal Responsibility and each incident has come down to a choice by the INDIVIDUAL (even if he hears voices) and it is the RESPONSIBILITY of the Judicial system to make the INDIVIDUAL accountable for their CHOICES.

I hold more views to the situation, but they don't align to the views of some and i didn't come here to start a (sorry for the pun) gun fight, just clear up a bit of misinformation regarding our Firearms Ban.

Good to be here, and to add Gold content, out last week for first time this year (sadly lost the Autumn, Summer & Spring so i'm covering ground fast to catch up) and over a cpl of visits had nearly half an Oz. Not bad for an old dog, in the Winter, and with his trusty old GPX 4K and 1st Gen NF 17"x11" Mono Eliptical (pre Advantage) on a flogged out lease that's had three lives as far as i'm aware (1860's, 1930's and the 1980/90's, and every new detector since.). Don't find enough to warrant opening it up these days.

Cheers

Gypsy

Gypsy,

I feel that the reason the AR-15 type weapons are prevalent in the public's eye in the last decade or so is because of, in part, the internet and modern cell phones to access the internet instantly, it's instant news of all events good or bad and the public has the opportunity to respond instantly as well via social media, etc., and many people think they know best how everyone else should live and what they can do and these people tend to be the "loudest" when voicing their opinions, and to use an American idiom...  "the squeaky wheel gets the grease"...so when enough of these "know it all" type people speak up they get the attention of the politicians and then the main stream media gets onboard and it snowball from there.

As far as wackos using the AR-15 type weapons in a mass assault, same as above the internet, these people seek attention and they see using shock and awe as the most effective way to get the ultimate attention via instant news, as mentioned above the "know it all" type people in there ultimate wisdom, have painted the AR 15 as a military weapon and what better way for an attention seeking wacko to get the most attention than to use an AR 15 type weapon in their evil plans to shock and awe to get the public's attention!

The AR-15 came first and then the M-16 was derived from it for military use as a fully automatic weapon platform, here is very brief history from Colt's website, Colt owns the exclusive rights to the Armalite name and as well as the AR-15 moniker...

http://www.colt.com/Company/History

" At the conclusion of the world wars, Colt continued to be at the forefront of innovation. This period saw the introduction of the Commander lightweight semiautomatic pistol, the Cobra lightweight revolvers, the Colt Commemoratives, and what many consider to be the finest revolver ever produced, the famous Colt Python. Another milestone in the history of Colt happened in 1960, when Colt introduced the AR-15 semiautomatic rifle, based on the design by Eugene Stoner. It was followed shortly thereafter by the M16 military full automatic version. The involvement of the US in Vietnam again put heavy demands on Colt to supply arms to the troops. To this day, the AR-15 platform continues to be the most popular rifle in the US. "

Good write up-Speaking of the 2nd amendment Thomas Jefferson once said--

The beauty of the 2nd amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it--- :quickdraw:

Mike C...:200: