Nugget Shooter Forums
Ahorton10

Used price for gpx 5000

Like the title says, im wondering what a guy should expect to pay for a used gpx 5000 in good condition with all stock accesories.

I've been seeing them go for 3000 to 3600 for a GOOD used one with stock stuff. My buddy just bought a older 5000 in great shape with lots of extas for 3500. I'm sure more people on here who deal with the selling and buying of them will have a better outlook. Good luck.

Dan

Agreed ....Once a Minelab is "used" it takes a hit right out of the gate. Personally on today`s date, I would expect to pay between 2,850 - 3,300 . Condition playing a big role...

• Like 1

I have one that's used and has found a lot of gold....it should be worth about 6500 including the fairy dust inside :)
Tom H.

• Like 1

noop :)

Does it have chrome louvers ??? I'd definitely pay more for that option.

Well, I pulled the trigger on a used gpx 5000. Picked it up in excellent used but not abused condition with and got 7 extra coils along with all standard equipment. I can't wait to get it out to the gold fields! If anyone has suggestions on settings to get me started I'm all ears, it's got a few more bells and whistles than my extreme does haha.

Well, I pulled the trigger on a used gpx 5000. Picked it up in excellent used but not abused condition with and got 7 extra coils along with all standard equipment. I can't wait to get it out to the gold fields! If anyone has suggestions on settings to get me started I'm all ears, it's got a few more bells and whistles than my extreme does haha.

Oh snap!! That nugget did it. Can't wait to see what you pull out with that thing Adam, and 7 coils! Sweet dude!!

$3k will get you a brand new GPX 4500 with an 11" DD coil and 15" mono coil, three year warranty, and $300 cash left in your pocket. $2699 now.

Or a GPX 4800 with an 11" DD coil plus a Eureka Gold and $350 cash in your pocket. Both with three year warranties and all for $2649.

Sorry to say a used GPX 5000 just is not worth now what it was a couple months ago.

• Like 1

I see one on ebay for $2600 with 3 coils ,,,, He stated the serial number to check with minelab....But do you also need the 2 words that show up in the 'view finder' to verify?

Nice choice! Just leave a few scraps behind for my 5000 :thumbsupanim

You don't have to worry about me getting em all, im still figuring this whole detecting thing out. I find a few but I'm still pretty new at it.

$3k will get you a brand new GPX 4500 with an 11" DD coil and 15" mono coil, three year warranty, and $300 cash left in your pocket. $2699 now.

Or a GPX 4800 with an 11" DD coil plus a Eureka Gold and $350 cash in your pocket. Both with three year warranties and all for $2649.

Sorry to say a used GPX 5000 just is not worth now what it was a couple months ago.

Ya thanks to Minelab :grr01: Buttttt the 5000 is still a better choice because of the fine gold timing :arrowheadsmiley: come on Fisher :tisk-tisk: Mike C... :200:

• Like 1

Yeah mike, I sure thought the price would go down on the 5k when the gpz came out. I almost got a 4500 but I was afraid I'd wish I had gone with the 5k. I got a good deal on it used with extra coils and paid less than I would have for a new 4500.

• Like 2

Theres a 5000 on Craigslist in Vegas right now for $2900, I bet he would take less. The guy is actually in OC though. Just saying if anyone else is interested. Course I would run the serial number by Minelab and get a picture of the control panel to compare with pics of fakes.