Nugget Shooter Forums
Reno Chris

California Summer gold GPZ and SDC together

Hey while you AZ guys are sitting in the AC trying to stay cool, its nice weather in a lot of the northern part of the mother lode country. Although there is overlap of the detecting seasons in the spring and fall, in the summer when its unbearable in AZ, its nice up in the pines of the Sierra, and when its nice in the winter in AZ, its all buried in snow up this way. So here is the gold I've been getting in various locations in Plumas and Sierra counties in July, August and early September - just going out and prospecting a few days at a time. I'm probably out digging about 1/3rd of the time.

This is just from my detecting in CA - it does not show about a half ounce of fines and small bits from some days of dry washing nor does it show the gold I have detected in Nevada.

This is gold which was detected using either the GPZ 7000 or the SDC 2300. I use the GPZ in areas with more open country and little in the way of trash, and the SDC 2300 when I am in trashy areas. The SDC does not have iron discrimination, but its faster to pinpoint and get the trash out of the ground when you are digging a lot of targets and you may find multiple trash targets in a single swing of the coil. The two make a great team.

The largest nuggets across the top are 0.52, 1.10 and 0.41 ounces from left to right.

Its still out there to be found and as the weather cools off in AZ, you guys will be out finding it in the hills soon. Just thought you'd want to see some to remember what it looks like.

post-187-0-23958100-1441839014_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Wow!

Dang, just beautiful!

Doc

Double Wow ! Congrats.

Well now I quit!!! Great going Chris awesome show of gold.

Edited by boulder dash

I have plenty of pictures just like that........................................none that I have found myself however, just what I see online. :grr01:

Great job Chris :head: Yep I cant wait for the weather to break here I feel a change buttttt not enough yet :tisk-tisk: Mike C... :200:

Very beautiful stuff. Great job.

Oh boy -- I think I'm getting dizzy!!! Righteous nuggs Chris!!!

WTG, Chris ... That's some really beautiful gold! ... Cheers, Unc

Very nice Chris, I can't imagine a better looking photo, the color is perfect!

South America???

SA is shorthand for Swampstomper Al.

Fantastic finds there Chris... must have been exciting to dig those. Now please post a pic of your boot tread for future reference.

Beautiful rich color you got there! Makes me want to go get some lemon cookies of my own.

You're right about reminding us what this stuff looks like. I know it's been to long since I've seen anything like that under my coils.

Here's to hoping you find their friends on your future prospecting ventures!

Regards,

MetalliKile

Now please post a pic of your boot tread for future reference.

I'm always wanting to help........

post-187-0-55562200-1442103572_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reno Chris

Ah! Big Foot lives. :idunno:

Beautiful gold my friend WTG! :black_knight_standing:

I hope you're writing an article about your combined Sierra nug take during the course of this summer,

cos that scale-o-gold is an ICMJ cover overlay photo if ever I've seen one..!

SA

The photo was sent into the magazine for this month on a related article, but it's not like the article has a map of where the gold came from. It's more general in nature. I don't decide what goes on the cover, so I don't know if it will be there.