Nugget Shooter Forums

Cooling Down...

Nugget Shooter

Heck ya!
Were going out this weekend too :)
GL to ya Beel!!!!
Tom H.

• Like 1

Mac you timed your move just right. Hotter than a pistol here and it's just getting started.

This town and the valley we sit in is covered with smoke from the fires on the ranches.

I'm affraid to get a mile out of town or I might get a vehicle search.

Now it's leave early and get back early.

• Like 1

Sunday for me-myself & I to a secret place :head: and I wont post some boring same ole how I got the skunk but I had a great time anyway and so on and on-who wants to hear about skunks ? :nutty: -lets face it I didnt buy an expensive beeper just to be with friends and be outdoors-Did you ? :4chsmu1: Mike C... :200: PS-Good luck everyone

Arizona.... the only state where we can call dropping into the 90's a "cold spell". Ha..ha...

I can't be left home. Gonna have to go out hunting this weekend, too!! Good luck to all!

MK ... Heat stroke weather is always around ... just because it gets below 100 doesn't mean we are out of the woods on heat stroke. Heat stroke can happen anytime we get seriously dehydrated and over exposed to the sun even at say 75 degrees. Just remember when out in the desert or anywhere outdoors ...DRINK BEFORE YOU ARE THIRSTY!A sip of water every 10-15 minutes is a good idea and a simple feat with a Camelback type pack!

Stay Safe out there!

Mike F

Edited by Mike Furness

Great point Mr. Furness,

It's not just exterior heat, but a combination of said, and internal heat from the body BURNING calories.

Staying hydrated and keeping the bodies cooling system running at peak performance is priority one when doing any strenuous activity. I use a Camelback and carry a canteen. I also take frequent stops (in shade when possible) and just stand for a minute to help the cool down process.

It can be an easy thing to push yourself to far when out trying to find that next patch. Everyone should learn the warning signs of over heating. It's nothing to mess with. When I first started prospecting, I came back more than once feeling sick from heat exhaustion.

Thank you, Mike, for your comment. It's good to see someone watching out and posting warnings about one of our hobbies hazards. It's a good reminder for us all.

So be careful out there, and stay cool.

Best Regards,

MetalliKile

Hey MK ... 'Mr Furness' was my dad! I always answer to 'Mike' ... and sometimes to a few 'other' names :) ... but I always look around to see if dad has come back from the after world when someone hollers out 'Mr. Furness'! LOL!

Your additional info on staying cool is great info ... we all need to take a moment to think about what can and sometimes does happen when we are out in the field.

Mike F