Nugget Shooter Forums
GoldBugMinelabNewbie

Minelab GPX 4500 vs. GPX 5000, the differences?

I am thinking about buying a new 4500 and am wondering how much differences there are from the 5000, the price on the 4500 is hard to beat as I can't afford the 5000 yet. I have a 3500 that I just listed on C.L. for $1500 so I can offset some of the cost. Gave boss 2 weeks notice today and I will be out there full time by the end of Sept. YEAH!! Idaho Les :yesss::Detector: Any input will be muchly appreciated!!

Call me 623-910-0345 I will explain the differences to you and I also carry both....

• Like 1

Wait your quitting your job to go detecting full time?

Yes Boulder Dash I am quitting work!! :fl::25r30wi::confused0089[1]: My truck is ready, my trailer is ready, my bank acct. is as ready as my patience is and I am past ready!! No bills to pay, out of debt plus possibly out of my MIND!!!, but I can't wait to get going. Les from Idaho

• Like 4

I'd get the 4500 and save the rest to keep you going during the lean times. Make sure you've done your research, lots of Idaho's gold country doesn't produce much detectable sized gold.

• Like 1

Wait your quitting your job to go detecting full time?

I'm quitting mine in March to go detecting all the time too :P

Tom H.

• Like 4

Your doing it right, all is paid, no mortage responsibilities etc.
Good luck and Perserver .
hapy huntn

• Like 1

I'd get the 4500 and save the rest to keep you going during the lean times. Make sure you've done your research, lots of Idaho's gold country doesn't produce much detectable sized gold.

I plan on following the weather south for winter the north again for spring. Have done lots of research and I also have dredge -highbanker combo for that undetectable gold. LOL

• Like 2

Way to go.....sounds like you set yourself up right...congrats and happy hunting..and never give up.

Fred

In this day and age many dream about living their dream..

Few actually go for it for real if or when the opportunity presents itself..

Best of luck to ya, and by that I mean luck plays a non-speaking role..

But it does whisper from time to time..

SA

• Like 1

I just want to thank everybody for the good wishes and the offers of getting together which I appreciate more than you know!! In my wanderings I will meet up with many of you and we'll swap tall tales and maybe find some GOLD together!! Les

• Like 1

Les, the Zen of nuggetshooting requires a full-time, nonstop attitude such as you have right now. Can't wait to see some of your pay displayed on these digital pages!! Don't worry, be happy...

• Like 1

The Fine, and Enhanced timings make the 5000 a much better choice.

Agree with nvchris,

plus I like the way the 5000 handles ground noise and, to a lesser extent, EMI.

• Like 1

I wish I could afford the 5000 but I can't, I do have the money but then that wouldn't leave me enough to where I can get out there full time and my patience is worn thin and can't wait any longer so I am going to get the 4500 and find enough Au to upgrade to as soon as I can. :ya::Detector: Idaho Les

Edited by GoldBugMinelabNewbie
  • Like 1

if you buy a 4500 and then sell it used you will have lost the money it takes to upgrade to a 5000 now...

patience is essential to successful prospecting so you can practice that skill now...earn a little more money, save more money, waste less money and get the 5000...then hit the goldfields.

fred

Go with your gut feeling, the 4500 rocks.....get some coils like the sadie, and a mid size for depth.....learn the machine and go for it. I put more weight to the man / woman behind the detector rather than the detector itself. Nuggethunting is more of a mental game, than anything...you can never give up..and you have to dig tons of trash. ..the 4500 has found a lot of gold all over the world, why would they reintroduce it...obviously it works. Good luck...... I would not trade my 4500 for a 5000 if I had the chance.

• Like 2

Here is my 2 cents. Go get a VLF like a Gold Bug and take that along with your 3500 and go find some gold.See how it goes and if full time will work. Maybe if it is practical later you can upgrade. I you can't make it like this a newer unit may not be the answer.

AJ

• Like 2

I Agree with Buckeye Boy and Frank. Start out that way first.