Nugget Shooter Forums

Yo All ... For the past month we've had a young mangy coyote hanging around our property ... There's another one a bit older we also see from time to time ... Coyotes around our place are no surprise because they visit us in packs almost daily, but these young sick guys don't seem to be part of the packs ... They do seem a little puny but not exactly sick, I guess... I was thinking of capturing them, but if I took them to F &W they'd probably just off them ... I think they are staying alive by eating the neighbors' horses' poop ... Anyhow here's a couple pix ... Cheers, Uncpost-9-0-73688100-1441087929_thumb.jpgpost-9-0-70231700-1441088033_thumb.jpg

Ron did you take these photo's ? Bob

Ron, I think that they couldn't keep up to the pack and either were put out or left. They don't seem to have much of a future in the wild and are doomed to a slow death. Best thing I think for them is capture and then Game and fish, then let them make a decision. They are definitely malnourished and diseased.

Old Tom

• Like 1

Ron

Mange is transmissible to humans. I wouldnt touch them without gloves on. dead or alive. AzNuggetBob

• Like 3

Well the second picture resembles a coyote pup with, well something wrong. The first picture is like no coyote I've ever seen. Tall front legs, bigger front shoulders. Haha, either a coyote bred with a hyena or maybe AuTSaurus is on to something. Chupacabra?

Thems chupacabra Folks. Sick Puppies for sure. Fish and Game would just put them down with a .223 Injection.

Well if this is the case they dont need food they are just short a quart of blood !

The pics make me think they are coydogs. I would have no problem killing them if they were on my property but I would burn the carcasses.

I go with Coy Dogs. That Tail is too long for a Coyote. Mange it has. Don't need that crap to spread around. If your the Green kinda person you can Catch it or them and Dunk them in Malathion or 1% lye water. Bugs will be gone. Wait three months for some hair to grow back and Cut them loose to come back and eat yur chickens. I had 80 chickens and the Ferrel Dogs killed 40 in one day . My front yard looked like a Civil War Battle Ground.

First of all, those pix were just a couple I found online that look more or less exactly like the one's here ... These guys do have weird long legs and absolutely zero fur on them ... They've been hanging around our driveway and yesterday the smaller one was underneath my truck in our driveway next to our garage ... Patch sensed him and got up on couch and looked out the window at him...He started barking like crazy and the critter just casually walked away ... No worry or concerns... I don't really want to mess with catching either or both ... I didn't know that people could get mange... I wonder if Patch could get it just sniffing where the coyote walked? Cheers, Unc

Unc, coyotes are not always afraid of people or dogs. People and pets mean easy pickings in so many ways to coyotes. Coons, skunks and Coyotes all carry mange, I would not let these animals lay around the yard-you cannot keep them from passing through.

Sunday afternoon in the heat of the day a young coyote came through our yard and down our driveway...no hurry and no fear. We live in the middle of thousands of houses and people and their darn barking dogs...I would rather have more coyotes, personally.

fred

Not good to have around.Alot like that where I lived in Brazil. Neighborhood kids were always eat up with scabies. Kids run thru park barefoot---mites in(on)fecal matter.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, guys ... Yeah, we live one 5-acre house lot away from the wide open Sonoran/Vulture Mts. desert ... We have every critter in the desert living on or passing through our acreage on a daily basis ... It's never really been a problem, but I am concerned about this mange thing ... I am very protective over our Shadow Patch ... I've killed a bunch of critters in my life, but not much in the last 15 years, 'ceptin' rattlers and rats ... Guess I need to talk to our vet ... Many years ago I had a half coyote, half german shepard who was pretty much crazy ... He ran off and returned about four months later with mange ... He became even crazier and totally out of control ... I was gonna put him down, but my (first) wife talked me into taking him into the county ... They kept him about 3 days then killed him ... Thanks again for the info! ... Cheers, Unc

This thread has me thinkin it's time to go git another sack of diatomaceous earth. YOu can dust their coat with it. Put it in their water and food, too.

50# sack was $30 last time I purchased.

https://www.google.com/search?q=diatomaceouse+earth+mange&rlz=1C1GGGE_enUS427&oq=diatomaceouse+earth+mange&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.6064j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

http://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/benefits-diatomaceous-earth/

If I see a coyote it gets shot , after having one jump the fence and kill my dads Boston terrier I do not put up with coyotes.

• Like 2