Nugget Shooter Forums

More of a jurist question

I have these stones (around 20 each) that they have passed all the visual test, also their weight fits (many around 3g/cm3, some lighter), pictures below of some samples. In Romania, there is no law related with meteorites, also very litltle interest in this, so, my question is, am I will be able to make them an official test, or to classified them in another country, say Nederland (where I am right now), or any UE contry, UK, anything. They look a litlle fossil, but what do I know. They were founded near a natural reservation. The last 3 pictures is with a type that I found it on a rocky hill, only in one place. They are parts of some medium sized rocks, some fit with other. And in the other pics, second type, complete smaller rocks, from 200 metres down the hill, burried in the clay. Any help is needed it. Many thanks.

post-27689-0-03024200-1440945156_thumb.j

post-27689-0-79258700-1440945486_thumb.j

post-27689-0-76766300-1440945503_thumb.j

post-27689-0-61681100-1440945849_thumb.j

post-27689-0-52424200-1440945856_thumb.j

post-27689-0-85498900-1440945872_thumb.j

post-27689-0-82915500-1440945887_thumb.j

post-27689-0-34649400-1440945895_thumb.j

post-27689-0-02857600-1440945898_thumb.j

post-27689-0-25716800-1440945902_thumb.j

Edited by habar_name

Habar, It is difficult to determine what you have.

Other than rusty iron, determining Earth or other world source is difficult from just pictures. There's always a chance they could be, but the condition is too poor, as shown/presented.

If you can cut one in half, or grind a spot down on one side, to a non- corroded( non rusted) spot, that would help .

Welcome to the board.

I guess by using the word,"jurist" you were looking for vote/group decision.

My first thought when I saw "jurist"---someone wanted to talk about being on a jury in a court of law( Heard of Perry Mason?)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050051/

WElcome to the board.

Habar,

Every country has their own laws, sometime's its a bit confusing with countries as Romania...E.U. states and countries that still retain some of their laws but have attained E.U membership that may apply to minerals and natural resources. I would say do some of your own research regarding this as most of us here are nugget shooters...although a few do hunt meteorites and may have specific information pertaining said question. I am going by my own experience with detecting in south eastern Europe...primarily non E.U states which have their own sets of laws.

Hello habar -- welcome to the board..

In my humble opinion I believe your first concern should be getting the objects positively identified as meteorites.. Only after you have definitive confirmation would I begin to ponder the question you pose..

Here is a link you may not have: www.meteoritemarket.com/metid1.htm (you may get a 404 error.. If so, type http:// in front of this string, on the error page, in the address line, and hit enter..) At the end of that article the author offers to help with meteorite identification if you send a small sample.. You may want to look into this as a means for positive I.D..

SA

PS: Are you typing in English or using a translation program..? Merely wondering is all..

Hello habar -- welcome to the board..

In my humble opinion I believe your first concern should be getting the objects positively identified as meteorites.. Only after you have definitive confirmation would I begin to ponder the question you pose..

Here is a link you may not have: www.meteoritemarket.com/metid1.htm (you may get a 404 error.. If so, type http:// in front of this string, on the error page, in the address line, and hit enter..) At the end of that article the author offers to help with meteorite identification if you send a small sample.. You may want to look into this as a means for positive I.D..

SA

PS: Are you typing in English or using a translation program..? Merely wondering is all..

http://www.meteoritemarket.com/metid1.htm

Thanks Skip..

Dunno what the deal is.. Recent pasting of links here don't feel like contracting 'cept maybe

one out of 40 times.. I tried every way possible with that 'un & finally gave up..

SA

Al try making sure you either have spaces between the link and other text (both ends of the link), or better yet put the link all by itself