Nugget Shooter Forums

Getting used to the In Between Patch Blues!

I like Docs last post about the Gold Basin Nugget that I was inspired to share my last two weeks. I have been fortunate enough to have had some nice patches in the last few years. I visited those patches countless times and have discovered well hate to admit it..but gold don't grow back like potatoes.. :idunno: . So its been about two weeks since my last find which was a nice specimen of quartz and gold. But that was two weeks ago. So I have had a lot of time to search new areas and perhaps find a new patch of a few nuggets or more . Usually I search the flat areas, tailings and such, but now I am hitting slopes below and around pockets, cuts from shallow surface diggins in the hope I hit a streak of float working its way downward or perhaps some pieces along the cut . I did find a nice buckle or tongue holder the other day..and a lot of lead and trash.post-26396-0-99632400-1440868626_thumb.jpost-26396-0-30636900-1440868696_thumb.j

post-26396-0-00925200-1440868754_thumb.j

Edited by 49goldrushtradingpost

Nice buckle. It's there just have to get the coil over it. I'm in a gold slump also. Been a few weeks for me too.

• Like 1

Hey Dan ...Doc,

Yeah you guys have a point, I have noticed Summer post are down because its Extremely hot and many of us just can't get out for various reasons. I spoke to grubstake ( Gary ) a few days ago and we both agreed that post are down. I enjoy reading the forum in the evenings after a good hunt skunked or not. And I know there are still some who are out there drudging along in the " Hopes" of a discovery. The tongue holder was a surprise, hopefully the other piece comes up in the future.

• Like 1

49goldrush,

Some good finds even if it is not gold. Finding old relics is a bonus. If we could only see the history behind those relics, when we touched them.... Thanks for sharing.

Dave.

Edited by DolanDave
  • Like 1

49goldrush,

Some good finds even if it is not gold. Finding old relics is a bonus. If we could only see the history behind those relics, when we touched them.... Thanks for sharing.

Dave.

Hey Dolan Dave, How have you been?

I was down in your neck of the woods on the GPAA claims at mile marker 34 a couple of weeks ago. I have hunted King Tut maybe three time in my whole life. Man I do not know that area at all. I wandered around for about 4 hours running gullies, finally packed it up and went back to Gold Basin and snagged a couple nuggets before heading home for the day.

It is amazing what confidence or a lack thereof does to you while prospecting. Being I have never seen anyone actually find gold in King Tut area, although I know there have been some whoppers, I just have no confidence in prospecting that area. Some of it comes from not being real certain what areas are claimed and which areas are not. You see an area that looks interesting and think. I should head over that direction, then you see a claim marker with no information on it, and you don't know if it's claimed or not claimed.

Very hard to prospect that way.

Doc

• Like 1

I'd just be happy to be be able to use those words in a sentence "my patch" or "a patch" or "my preeeecious" :brows: My finds have so far been limited to gold in the gullies. I envy you guys.

• Like 3

49goldrushtradingpost

I like that tounge buckle halve. I love seeing those old relics. hope you find the other half. I switch it up somtimes just to clear my head on the gold and Ive found that when I research relics sometimes it also runs into new gold areas. :thumbsupanim

I agree Doc Got to do your research, got to have the confidence. If my confidence is gone I feel like Im just waisting my time. other confidence destroyers are just to hot or too tired. I know when I start stumbling alot Im to tired. If your too tired, it just seems like the coil gets higher off the ground. walking to fast,swings dont overlap anymore. I start ignoring iffy signals. I just know I'm going to have to come back and hunt the same ground again if I dont hunt it with a fresh state of mind and not wore out. AzNuggetBob

Edited by AzNuggetBob
  • Like 1

Never get used to being in between anything (unless it's a couple of beautiful blondes, but that's another subject altogether). Get out of the blues and back into the golds. Swing, dig, and swing some more!

Hope you find that big melon patch soon!

Regards,

MetalliKile

Hey Dave, no doubt about the frosting on the cake as far as cool relics....I have not found a good relic as most of the relics I have found were in the camps...which I don't spend to much time on them as I am looking for the yellow...cords working out great..thanks again for saving me.. :)

Mike, well that may be true, but I would say the patches I have been on are pretty barren of the yellow....I am that good... :miner: I have been told by a few others the ground is silent...dead...after I hit them. That does not mean i wont hit them again when I get the Elite :inocent:

Andyy, just keep on swinging....and you will one day hit a patch....or two.

Bob,

Yeah, I was working a new area after locating some float getting a nice specimen, coming back another day I thought i would continue up slope to see if I could find more...well nothing that day but the buckle, which was a pleasant surprise. I have not found the tongue yet but I am hopeful its around and i will find it. With this 100 plus temperatures and haze I got to the point of stumble and like you said....got sloppy and was rushing it. At that point I was running out of water and I though I would call it quits...and come back another day when well rested. I did notice I was becoming to picky and skipped many targets thinking it sounded like trash...when I get to that point it does not take me long to call it a day.

MetalliKile,

Blondes and yellow patches.....now that's great !!! :25r30wi: