Nugget Shooter Forums

Weaver Hill Billie, Hoser John, Problems with the Power ball Drawing?

DOC

It appears that you both have some issue with the mention of the Power Ball Drawing on a Gold forum?

I'll remember that the next time I decide what forum to host a FREE give-away contest on to try and support the forum, and keep the members engaged through the long hot days of summer when little to no prospecting is going on.

You both remind me of my wife, I can't do anything right by her either.

By the way, it's still not to late to pick a number for tonight's Powerball drawing to try and win the AWESOME SURVIVAL KNIFE I am giving away to the winner.

Doc

• Like 2

Nobody on here is forced to play. I enjoy talking with everyone on here, but apparently some folks have different views on things. Which is normal human nature. If you don't want to play or be a part of something then dont. We are a tight knit group of folks here and we need to stay that way. Keep the fun coming guys. Between the knife and the nuggets, it's been fun. Just my opinion.

Dan

Nobody on here is forced to play. I enjoy talking with everyone on here, but apparently some folks have different views on things. Which is normal human nature. If you don't want to play or be a part of something then dont. We are a tight knit group of folks here and we need to stay that way. Keep the fun coming guys. Between the knife and the nuggets, it's been fun. Just my opinion.

Dan

Dan I don't think they even realize that the Powerball is tied to a contest to win a knife that is going on here. I did a couple of posts just talking about PowerBall and taken out of context, they wouldn't understand why I was talking about Power Ball.

But hey, when I am out looking for gold I always have a good knife with me, How else am I going to skin my rattle snakes when it is time for lunch? :-)

Doc

• Like 2

One of these is not like the other.. no issues if placed where it should be.

"Gold Nugget Shooting Forum

Main NuggetShooter.com Forum with subject matter related gold prospecting with a metal detector as the main focus."

Hobbies and Stuff

Got some cool hobby type stuff to share? Build stuff, got skilz? Share them here...

Edited by weaver hillbille
  • Like 1

Weaver this was cleared with Bill Southern. This is the most active forum. This is where most of the guys go to see if there are any new posts.

This is where the most people would see the contest and be able to participate.

Doc

• Like 1

Anyone who can't tell the difference between mining and gambling has a problem. That's all just have a ball as spent way too many years as a moderator/administrator on numerous forums and have a bad habit of liking to keep things straight.-John

:idunno: Ya got me. Sorry for barking. If anyone can break the rules, Bill can.

I was away for a week, sweating in Kirkland( near Spock's place) playing with the soil, and didn't know about any knife.

But Beware :old: Before you can say boo, fire and brimstone wil be raining down, forty years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanoes, the dead rising from their graves, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria :4chsmu1: . All because Bill wanted to break the rules :tisk-tisk: .

Or maybe it will only be a really strong El Nino :idunno:

I live in Vegas, I know all about gambling. And this isn't gambling. No one lost anything, a prospector won a nice knife to take with him in the great outdoors when he goes looking for gold. For 25 years I have been donating things to clubs and forums as a way to show my support. If you don't think outdoor gear whether it be mining picks, knives, or fire starting kits aren't associated with gold prospecting, then someone is spending way too much time looking for gold in the K-mart parking lot instead of in the outback.

I also have been a moderator of a forum for 25 years. I started one of the first gold forums in 1990; the GoldStalker forum. We too had rules, and when something came along that was a benefit to the forum members and kept the forum active I would allow it. I'd rather see an active forum, than a dormant one.

When people faced tragedies in their life I have always been one of the first to make sure a sizable check was in the mail. Anyone that knows me knows anytime they have problems with a Minelab or have questions they can call me on my toll free telephone number and I don't care who you bought your machine from or who you're going to buy a machine from. I am here to help whomever needs the help.

I looked at three forums and absolutely nothing is going on because it is so hot, I gave away a nugget on Rob's forum, and then I got these really nice knives in. I gave one away on Chris' forum, and it was only fair to give something away on Bill's forum. I cross advertised the contests so that people who only knew about 1 forum would realize there were other forums too, and hopefully it would increase traffic and maybe boost membership.

Did you bother to notice that Bill temporarily made me a Moderator so I could run the contest efficiently and keep the list up to date. Do you think he would do that if he didn't approve of what I was doing and have absolute faith and trust in me?

But there is an old saying "No good deed goes unpunished." I really appreciate your total lack of support HOSER!

So in the future when I am giving away more stuff on the other forums and Bill calls to ask me why his NUGGET SHOOTER forum is being treated like the ugly stepsister and wants to know why. I'll say "Call Hoser he can tell you all about it."

Doc

• Like 2

The sense-of-humor dot exe hotfix has just been pushed to everyone..

It's self-installing; simply kick back and relax while it works its magic..

Upon auto-reboot you'll find everything properly aligned..

Thank you,

SA

Not Gambling, you risk nothing, its all in fun! And DOC is a stand up guy, giving out of his own pocket to have fun on the forums!

Gambling is when you buy a $5.00 scratcher and hope to win, Like I did, Won $10,000.00 a few years ago on a $5.00 one. Grubstake

• Like 1

Anyone who can't tell the difference between mining and gambling has a problem. That's all just have a ball as spent way too many years as a moderator/administrator on numerous forums and have a bad habit of liking to keep things straight.-John

Must be your AC broke down like mine. Makes me grumpy. But a few bags of ice and a couple beers and I am happy again! Try it.

Hahah...what a HOOT !! Whats a forum without some ....Saber Rattling.....it comes and goes. I have been a forum member for some time..and have observed such things happen. Heck, we all push some buttons once a while....we would not be human if we didn't. But personally, I don't find gambling, drinking, cussing or fussin wrong. But if you have a problem with it...just don't participate..simple fix, those that don't have a problem with such things...would like the opportunity to participate. Now Gary, your a gambler...don't know many prospectors/miners who are not, its the dna..gene pool whatever you call it. Risk not gain nothing....okey....those are my two bits..I am off the soap box. As far as Hoser, I like him......he contributes and adds some flavor to the forums...and is full of good info.

Fred

• Like 2

Doc, many thanks for the contest, it did increase activity on the forum and was a welcomed addition!! :thumbsupanim

As far as Hoser John and Weaver Hill Billie goes, they are welcome here as a contributing forum members, Hoser John is very knowledgeable in the many aspects of prospecting and mining for gold and has been a prospecting and mining expert for more years than many of the prospectors today have been alive, both he are very opinionated and don't hesitate to speak their minds :old: , that being said neither of them make decisions concerning content or the rules of these forums :nono: , Bill makes the rules and Bill, I and the Moderators make the decisions on content to keep everything in line with those rules!!

Now as to the contest being a form of gambling, to be considered gambling you have to put something at risk, in the most common form it's monetary, no one involved in Doc's contest risked anything to participate and have a chance to win the prize that Doc so graciously give away at no personal gain, so how can that be considered gambling, by using the Powerball result as a decision maker(?) :ROFL: , again I mention no risk, no gambling, so this was not gambling, just a decision maker as to who the winner was to be!!

Now prospecting and mining for gold on the other hand is a form of gambling, unless you don't put any money into it and just happen to find a nugget in front of you in plain sight, I want Hoser John to dispute the fact that he hasn't put lots of money into prospecting and mining for gold with many times the chance of finding gold or enough to return his investment is not a form of gambling, so e.g. he has been gambling all of his life since he has always professed to be a prospector, miner and making a good living do so, raising his family, etc., he has been very successful doing so and thus his gambling has paid off, and when you think about it life itself is a gamble as to if you'll wake up after going to sleep!!

• Like 4

As I've ALWAYS said that this is Bills' forum and nobody else and he can do/post/edit/ban anyone at anytime and it has been a extreme pleasure to enjoy this forum for around 10 years without a single point on my record. Mining is a applied science that requires much knowledge, history, background, experience and proper equipment, process and procedure to win a lifetime of fun in the sun and under the water. Feast and famine is and will always be the ilk of a fulltime miner and hense lies the true secret. When ya hit a righteous streak don't run out and blow it all like a fool as lean times are right around the corner. And by god I covet it above all else. Lottery is a fools game and mining is not. I have never seen Bill allow such in his fine forum so it was a shock to see, that's all no BIG mama drama bs needed-John

Don't know why this is any kind of issue at all! .... I've been part of this forum since it began in 2003 and we've had lots of fun guessing contests ... They add to the camaraderie and somebody always gets a cool goodie ... Heck, I wish Doc would run one every month cause he's always got good ones ... I might even sponsor one soon after I think it over ... Cheers, Your Unc in the Dubyah!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

somebody said nuggets!! nuggets!! where??? I missed them so send me some.

Knife contest? I didn't win??? what happened?? OH ya gotta inter to win? always a day short

this is a great forum was a member years ago but had a puter with windows and it took the big crash lost every thing

so now am using linux ubuntu 14.10 no crashes and lots of free stuff with linux and no bugs windows is great for both

auspot4