Nugget Shooter Forums
Uncle Ron

Some Vulture Mountains Nugs

Been a while since I posted some of the nice nuggets from the Vultures, one of my favorite nugget hunting areas...Rough, rugged and some of the best patch areas darn near inaccessible ... Enjoy... Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

post-9-0-48860300-1440483570_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-86737800-1440483593_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-11390300-1440483660_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Those are nice Unc. You are going to start a gold rush!

When the going gets tough--the tough get gold-beautiful :yesss: monster gnarly, my favorite kind Ron. Kudos-don't care when just that you got to covet is good enough for me-respect for the tenacity to endure-John :thumbsupanim

Your right, rough and rugged. Nice gold Ron.

Wow, very impressive. I haven't done any hunting in the area, but if it's hard to get to, then at least you likely wouldn't be digging much trash, right? Anyways, thanks for sharing!

Wowsa -- guess you're all healed up!!!

Wow Ron!
That's a handful of gold :)
Tom H.

Actually, those were found a couple years ago during an especially hot streak I had ... Mostly west of vulture in an area no one seems to hunt, although there were some limited signs of very old timer workings ... The area is odd because it doesn't look particularly "gold-ish" ... Lots of black basalt, nasty hot, noisy ground ... I haven't healed up enough yet to scramble back in there yet, but hoping to get better by the fall ... Cheers, Unc

Edited by Uncle Ron

Hey Cuz,

Beautiful gold!

Keep on getting better...

You may know already about 5 businesses on Idaho City's main street burned recently...just when the town was ready for summer customers!

The jury is still out why it happened, fire inspector was on scene soon as the place cooled a bit.

Best wishes!

Yer cuz in smoky town, Idaho...

Nice looking specimens Ron :4chsmu1: , thanks for brightening up the forum by posting them, hope you heal soon!!

• Like 1

Actually, those were found a couple years ago during an especially hot streak I had ... Mostly west of vulture in an area no one seems to hunt, although there were some limited signs of very old timer workings ... The area is odd because it doesn't look particularly "gold-ish" ... Lots of black basalt, nasty hot, noisy ground ... I haven't healed up enough yet to scramble back in there yet, but hoping to get better by the fall ... Cheers, Unc

Hey Ron, if you should decide that you need someone to "prop-you-up" :old: (with those broken ribs and all) so that you can detect with one hand, and not have to bend over :olddude: to dig up those retched-gnarly-nuggets, I'll be your crutch and digger. That Vulture area would be just a hop-skip-and jump away from the Prescott Valley area for me :inocent: Gary

Those sure are pretty nuggs Ron. It doesn't get any nicer matrix then on that big one.

post-21888-0-03179000-1440560873_thumb.jpost-21888-0-16181100-1440560884_thumb.j

Edited by IDdesertman

Much of the patch area has now been claimed up Ron if ya look it up.... Cut down the areas open pretty well they did and have claimed much of the West side....

Much of the patch area has now been claimed up Ron if ya look it up.... Cut down the areas open pretty well they did and have claimed much of the West side....

Well, that's a total bummer ... I guess word got around and then some yahoos staked the grounds to sell since it's been a good past producer, but darn hard to find much there now... Cheers, Unc

Ron VERY nice nugs. I hope you find some more of those when your feeling better. I havent been out there for a few years but I checked my old sold claims/patches,all still claimed up. :idunno: AzNuggetBob

WOW, those sure as heck didn't come from Gold Basin. Gold Basin is where gold goes to shrink. :-)

Doc