Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

El Dorado

Dog Days of Summer

this year finally going to have fun doing my favorite kind of mining.........to bad I must go to another state....

post-1252-0-00430900-1439941494_thumb.jp

El Dorado,

I’m going on my very first prospecting outing ever. Greenhorn I am. I also have to leave state to do so. Going to Colorado and spend a couple days with a new prospecting friend. He has to be family he's a fellow aviator. Looking forward to learning all I can from him and having a great friend as well. You never know until you go right…..

Good Luck on your Ventures. Nice Ride.

this year finally going to have fun doing my favorite kind of mining.........to bad I must go to another state....

Easy on the go peddle/clutch- those critters have a habit of breaking when pushed( and stock).

Nice ride El D. thats a heap of fun just running around, even if you dont find much gold. :wee: AzNuggetBob

What state?

Oregon

Have a grand time, El D..!

Hope you find some nice cabbing / cutting rough too..!

SA

Steve, good luck :thumbsupanim and be sure to take some photos, a video would be great as well, would love to see some great cleanups! :4chsmu1:

Oregon

It's a shame you have to leave your beautiful spot in the mother lode to enjoy your hobby.

Have fun, stay safe, show us your panned out cons and don't go stepping in any more mountain lion breakfast tables.

Enjoy an hapy huntn ,....just don't get stuck in Boring !!!!

Trip was far from boring. We did get some gold, but less than a gram. Seems I pulled a stupid move on myself. When I put all this into motion, I checked with the State of OR for permit requirements. Went to the page on the State's website and applied for a Suction Dredge Permit. Had to promise to make reports, give them exact locations I planned to dredge and pretty much agree to all their rules about salmon habitat, dredge size, etc. After applying, we got our permits in the mail. Read them and all looked good. After the second day of dredging (just sampling), we were going to move. Went to a promising area and a local dredger was there with his kids. They were using a 3" and we started chatting with him. He asked if we included this spot on our application and I told him yes. A bit more into the conversation and watching his dredge, we asked why he had big numbers on his dredge. He said it as one of the requirement of the permit. I told him out permit had no such requirement. We compared permits. Mine was from the State and his was from the Dept of Environmental Quality. Everything on my permit said we were good to go and I was confused. He understood the confusion but said we could lose the dredge and get a giant fine if we did not have the DEQ permit. Well we called the DEQ to see how fast we could get the new permit. In talking with them, they said many were duped like us and yes, they would take our equipment and possibly fine us....... If the new application was processed as fast as possible, that would give us 1 day left in the dredge season....... we said screw it.

We moved to the coast, Coos Bay to be exact. Enjoyed the beaches and fresh seafood the rest of the time..........At least we got a couple days of nozzle time. All in all was a fantastic get away. Loved how dog friendly Oregon beaches were but was sad that we just missed the crab seaon for fresh crabs.

Until next season

At least you had some fun and got some rest. Glad your back home safe.

Well, it looks like after Jan. 1, dredging will come to a halt in OR just like CA ... Anyone want to do a bit of research about the individuals who have an ego-driven ban-it-all drive going on, check out some greenies in Ashland, OR, hotbed of tree hugging pukes! ... Cheers, Unc

Commie activity, after our generation is gone there will only be "bean counters" left.

Still sounded like an awesome trip even though the permit confusion. Wheelin through the Oregon woods to dredge sounds like a good time to say the least.

It is worrisome to me about the encroachment from the lefties, who are hell bent on stopping all mining activities EVERYWHERE in this country. Can the fishermen be far behind? They after all, pollute with lead all the time and have so far been missed by the left, mostly because a lot of them are lefties, therefore it is OK.

Yup, Starting Jan1st, there is going to be a dredging ban in Oregon too. This assault on dredging really sucks and they use nothing but junk science and libtard corrupt tactics. I hope they never attack fishing, but in reality fisherman kill fish and dredgers certainly do not.

skunked ... I don't deny that a lot of lead gets into the same waters we drink and dredge ... however I take exception to the statement that a lot of them are lefties! I am an avid fisherman as well as a miner and a life long republican! All my fishermaen friends are 'conservationists and make some kind of contribution to the sport and wise use of the waters in the states and oceans we fish. I fish all over the country and will soon be fishing internationally ... from a kayak ... not that that matters ... just thought I would mention it. Many states don't allow lead sinkers to be used under one ounce any more ... more states are passing legislation to do the same. I am OK with that and actually support it! Knocking fishermen is not in your best interest if you consider the amount of money we have raised through taxes on the tackle that we buy ... many millions have been paid thanks to the Robertson-Pittman Act of 1937 (aka Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Act) and teh Johnson-Dingell Act of 1950 (aka Federal Aid in Sport Fish Restoration Act). The former includes a tax on firearms, ammo, fishing tackle, archery equipment and is a general fund for all fish and wildlife programs. The latter is a tax specific to sport and commercial fishing. Without these two organizations as well as others like Trout Unlimited the waters of theis country would be chocolate brown and smell like a sewer!

Other than a short education for you on what fishermen contribute to the general welfare of all in the above diatribe ... I might suggest befriending the fishermen, hunters and off-road folks along with the miners to work toward better rules for the use of OUR land! If we could just present a united front of all these groups in one organization the crap that comes from DC and local FS 'rule makers' we would bve much better off!... and in fact could get a lot of the rules we have to live by out in the field removed. Woulkdn't that be a glorious day!

Mike F

I'm all for the new ORA (Outdoorsman Revolution Association) that Mike F. has introduced. It would take a combined effort from all land users to combat just what is taking place here in the U.S. of A. I'm too old to start anything like that but do we have any spirited young people interested in heading up an action like that. It's gotta start somewhere, sometime.

Old Tom

We certainly need something to save us from a tyrannical government