Nugget Shooter Forums

EPA Screws up big time

grubstake

I think they should re-name them the EDA, Envirmental Destruction Agency. Grubstake

Now if some onemetaldetecting was to cut a tree down or mess up some brush while digging, they would throw them in jail, take there truck, metaldetector, and fine them big time. Lets see who gets fined or fired over this.

EPA still fits, GRubby.

Environmental POllution Agency

........................................................................................

"Bad Water: Locals blame Animas River disaster on the “Environmental Pollution Agency”

Environmental Pollution Agency | The Colorado Independent
www.coloradoindependent.com/.../environme...
The Colorado Independent
13 hours ago - Tag Archives: Environmental Pollution Agency. Bad Water: Locals blame Animas River disaster on the “Environmental Pollution Agency”.
ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION AGENCY: How The Feds ...
coloradopeakpolitics.com/.../environmental-pollution-agency-how-the-fe...
ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION AGENCY: How The Feds Will Make Us Suffer for Their Mess. Posted on August 10, 2015 by ColoradoPeakPolitics · Animas pix.
Environmental Pollution Agency - Barry Popik
www.barrypopik.com/index.php/.../environmental_pollution_agency/
21 hours ago - The Environmental Protection Agency has been nicknamed the “Environmental Pollution Agency” since at least 2000, when some critics ..."
Edited by weaver hillbille

Do not worry. Before it's over the EPA will spin it and past & present gold miners will get blamed , don't know how , but they will find a way !!!! :3ztzsjm:

Co. Governor is already saying this the "dirty" legacy of mining.

The fix is in.

Yep, Seen that coming. The fact that if the EPA had not messed with the crap or knew what they was doing all would be well is Irreverent.

LOL Reminds me of Sharia Law! When we were in Turkey my dad hired a Taxi to go to town. The Taxi driver hit a chicken. The farmer sued my dad for the chicken and all the chickens the chicken could had produced over a 5 year time. Plus the farmers time. Under Sharia Law it was my dad fault because if he did not hire the taxi the taxi would not had been there to hit the chicken. Go Figure.

That's what I thought and this proves it. Hang 'em all and defund the EPA.

• 2 months later...

NOw why didn't the EPA contract to do this before... I believe the prespill leakage was only 500 GPM

This plant handles 1200gpm and pulls out the sludge and metals/alkalizes the acid waste water.

http://www.alexcoresource.com/s/news.asp?ReportID=726609

Alexco Environmental Group Completes Construction of Water Treatment Plant at Gold King Mine in Colorado

October 20, 2015 - Alexco Resource Corp. (NYSE MKT:AXU, TSX:AXR) today announced that its wholly owned subsidiary, Alexco Environmental Group ("AEG"), under contract to the US Environmental Protection Agency ("EPA"), has completed the construction and initiated operation of a 1,200 gallon per minute ("gpm") interim water treatment facility at the Gold King Mine near Silverton, Colorado. The abandoned Gold King Mine was the site of the spill on August 5, 2015, which inundated the Animas River in southern Colorado.

AEG's contract to design, construct and automate an Interim Water Treatment Plant at the Gold King Mine is part of the Emergency Response and Removal Action being conducted by the EPA. AEG is the selected interim water treatment contractor for the EPA and acts under the supervision of Environmental Restoration, L.L.C. ("ER").

AEG's water treatment plant design was selected due to its proven capability to address water treatment residuals (sludge) during cold weather operations with a highly automated plant-wide control system, enabling 24-hour operation at low cost and high reliability. AEG completed the construction of the treatment system within a required three week period, and is now entering a four week testing period during which the plant will be optimized and further winterized in anticipation of the harsh conditions expected at 10,500 feet in the San Juan Mountains of southern Colorado.

The treatment plant has the flexibility to utilize diverse sources of low cost alkalinity (lime or kiln dust) and is currently operating under complete automation in the 600 gpm to 1,200 gpm range while achieving metals removal well in excess of the contractual standard of 85% total metals removal.

AEG's unique solids filtration and sludge handling experience will allow extended operation that avoids the need for sludge re-handling during winter operations by providing for simple on-site sludge storage and the opportunity for beneficial re-use. Separately, Alexco has developed and demonstrated the beneficial effects of water treatment sludge re-use at the Platoro mine and Globeville smelter treatment sites, which are also located in Colorado.

"

I'd rather gamble on on Alexco REsources(owns the above) at this point, than a slot machine. Less than a buck- at one time was close to $10 . I was a buyer all the way to 8$ :nutty:

Oy........

http://www.alexcoresource.com/s/news.asp?ReportID=723173

"Alexco Drills 5 meters (True Width) of 7,462 grams per tonne Silver (240 ounces per tonne) at Bermingham, Along with Other Significant Silver Intercepts

September 17, 2015 Alexco Resource Corp. (TSX:AXR, NYSE-MKT:AXU) today announced results from its 2015 drilling program at the Bermingham deposit in the Keno Hill Silver District in Canada's Yukon Territory.

Significant true width intercepts include 4.98 meters grading 7,462 grams per tonne ("g/t") (240.0 ounces per ton ("oz/t")) silver, 4.76 meters grading 2,357 g/t (75.8 oz/t) silver, 2.35 meters of 3,774 g/t (121.3 oz/t) silver and ranging down to 1.81 meters grading 794 g/t (25.5 oz/t) silver were returned from drill holes in the 2015 program.

Together with the high grade discovery intercept from the 2014 drill program (6.39 meters grading 5,667 g/t (182.2 oz/t)) silver, the 2015 drilling has now identified a high grade silver and gold bearing zone over at least 140 meters down-plunge across a width of approximately 40 meters. The zone averages 3.7 meters true thickness, is locally more than 5.5 meters thick and remains open both up dip and down dip.

Alexco President and CEO Clynt Nauman commented, "The discovery of this open ended, very high grade silver and gold bearing zone within the Bermingham area may be a game changer for the future of Keno Hill."

MOre news to increase your BP...

http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/12/gold-king-mine-spill-contractor-cashed-in-after-the-disaster/

"

Environmental Protection Agency officials awarded nearly $2.7 million in contract enhancements to Environmental Restoration LLC after the firm was involved in the Colorado Gold King Mine disaster that dumped three million gallons of yellow wastewater into a drinking water source for people in three states and the Navajo Nation.

The wastewater poured into the Animas River, a Colorado River tributary that supplies water to people in Colorado, New Mexico and Utah. The company also got a contract enhancement worth nearly $1 million from EPA on Aug. 4, 2015, the day before the spill, according to documents compiled by the Project on Government Oversight, a non-profit government watchdog group.

A spokesman for EPA did not respond to a Daily Caller News Foundation request for comment, but Adam Andrzejewski, founder of the Open The Books government transparency non-profit, had a lot to say about EPA’s spending of federal tax dollars.

“The EPA has taken the concept of ‘performance bonus’ much too far by giving their on-site contractor even more work after a natural disaster at Gold King,” Andrzejewski told TheDCNF.

“Had the spill soiled one of the EPA’s $730 office chairs, the contractor would have been fired on the spot. If the EPA spent as much time choosing contractors as they do shopping for furniture and military hardware, our environment would be a much cleaner place,” he said.

Andrzejewski authored Open The Books’ recent “Oversight Report – U.S. Environmental Protection Agency,” which noted that the EPA spent $92.4 million on office furniture since 2005.

Environmental Restoration is the eighth largest EPA contract recipient, according to agency spending data compiled by Open The Books. The firm, which describes itself on its web site as “the largest provider of emergency response services to the” EPA, has received more than $511 million since 2001.

Just during President Barack Obama’s tenure in the Oval Office, EPA has awarded Environmental Restoration with more than $367 million in contracts – more than two and a half times the $145 million the company received during President George W. Bush’s administration, after adjusting for inflation.

Environmental Restoration was awarded $1 million on Aug. 4 through a contract modification to work at the Gold King Mine site, according to the the Project on Government Oversight. Following the Aug. 5 spill, the company received another $1.2 million in modifications for work in the region, though the changes do not specifically mention the mine.

Environmental Restoration also received another $1.4 million for the “Emergency and Rapid Response Services for Region 8. Gold King Mine release,” following the spill, the Project on Government Oversight reported.

Environmental Restoration, however, has had to return $328,680 to the EPAsince Oct. 1, according to USAspending.gov.

Meanwhile, the total clean-up could cost taxpayers up to $27.7 billion, TheDCNF previously reported.

Environmental Restoration did not respond to a request for comment.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 11/5/2015 at 8:40 PM, weaver hillbille said:

I'd rather gamble on on Alexco REsources(owns the above) at this point, than a slot machine. Less than a buck- at one time was close to $10 . I was a buyer all the way to 8$ :nutty:

Oy........

They were down to $.35 in Jan.. This year's testing shows the silver deposit to be even larger than last year's report states.. They're now back up to either $2.50 or $3.50 as of mid-week last.. Coulda shoulda bought in Jan..

Oy.....

Swamp

1 hour ago, Swampstomper Al said:

They were down to $.35 in Jan.. This year's testing shows the silver deposit to be even larger than last year's report states.. They're now back up to either $2.50 or $3.50 as of mid-week last.. Coulda shoulda bought in Jan..

Oy.....

Swamp

HOw did you get a quote from the "one arm bandit " thread in the  "ENvironmental POllution/Pron  Gold King mine SHTF" thread?  And it's in the $1.80 range,( if it matters) for the gamblers...

13 minutes ago, weaver hillbille said:

HOw did you get a quote from...[to]... <snip>

I didn't.. It's from above in this thread..
I did fail to triple-dot it and/or indicate a <big snip> though..

Swamp