Nugget Shooter Forums

Summertime Blues

frank c

Its been really "sucky" bad this summer so far. Thats a worse condition than Trumps' "big league" bad !
The past few years I would have had ten times the amount of nuggets I have detected so far this year.
Between gettn old an crusty , and a severe case of cabin fever I just haven't been able to get it together so far in 2015.
Did I say 2015 ????
Well thats probably most of the reason. Back when I was born we couldn't even count past 1999.
Never thought we'd live into the 2000's OMG did I say TWO THOUSANDS ???
I'm gonna have to find me a "Seein eye gold dog" to help out pretty soon.
And a big ol St. Bernand to carry my detector an supplies an haul all those nuggets home !!!
Measly lil 3 pieces is all I have to look at lately, I'm gonna have to go brave the Sun pretty soon to get somemore, thats all there is to it.

post-562-0-66538200-1439242524_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Maybe there is a good mix here, let's try the math:

Swing your coil low (x) and slow (y) to find more gold - so x+y = more gold. Would it not be reasonable to assume...as you get older and slow down (a//x) and stoop over a little (b//y) the result would equal that of x+y = more gold :-)

Still a pup myself (not yet 50) but that's my 2 cents :black_knight_standing:

Hey don't feel so bad...Summers are for Skunks....fall will be better....and cooler. I suspect we put in less hours in the summers....and we get less gold. Four more years and I will see 50 , my goal is to be swingin as long as I can...kinda like you ole gizzers....

Hey don't feel bad I had a California Elk Tag that took 25 years to draw. The hunt starts tomorrow and I had to turn my tag in..I threw out my back due to arthritic spur and bad discs. I have been in bed two weeks but finally walking slowly. Getting that tag was like winning the California Lottery Yeah I love getting old......

• Like 3

Frank,

At the risk of changing your life forever and never letting you feel bored again I offer the following website.

Stumbleupon.com This will keep you busy. Just select some initial interests, rate the sites you see and you will not believe what you will see.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2I7aD8/:1-nQ@Lgqx:l4wmdQ-d/green-landscape.com/spooky-wild-scenes-straight-out-of-grimms-fairy-tales

Mitchel

I'll be 82 the end of the year. I might not go as far or find as much as some of you youngsters but no one has any more fun and enjoyment as I do. This is a fantastic pastime and I'll be going out even when I have to sit and watch. I love God's green and brown earth.

Old Tom

• Like 3

Hey! Nice nugs :)
Ill take anything yellow. Hang in there Frank,

cooler weather is about a month off...its coming.

As far as getting older...just got to know your limitations but still do what you like to do!

Tom H.

• Like 1

As far as getting older...just got to know your limitations but still do what you like to do!

While that sounds like sound advice, it's also an oxymoron..

Knowing our limitations simply means we know when we've surpassed them

while continuing to do what we like to do..

Even though I know better, I usually call it a day when I need to

stop in order to wring the sweat out of my wallet -- and sometimes not even then..

SA