Nugget Shooter Forums
TomH

Got one today

Hey all:
Got out with Dad for about 4 hrs of detecting. Really hot ground and kind of hot weather :)
It was a good day out and the Lord blessed us again with some yellow stuff.

Got to scratch the itch for a few more weeks.

.8 gram.

Heres a video of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXE3w99f_TQ&feature=youtu.be

Tried using the GB2 to pinpoint but the ground was just WAY too hot to use it. Tons of ironstone in this wash.

Tom H.

post-25308-0-17343200-1439157200_thumb.j

• Like 2

Can't beat that... Makes the effort to get out in the heat totally worth it !!

Great Job Tom !!! :head:

Good to see new gold.

Hey Tom,...........Nice Nugget!!!!! I watched your video, and was curious--What was the bedrock made of?? It appeared pretty hard based on your scrapping. Was it caliche or what?? Also curious as to what the host-rock is that is embedded within the nugget---Is that magnetite?? Gary

GREAT!! You can't beat good company and good gold.

Hey Tom,...........Nice Nugget!!!!! I watched your video, and was curious--What was the bedrock made of?? It appeared pretty hard based on your scrapping. Was it caliche or what?? Also curious as to what the host-rock is that is embedded within the nugget---Is that magnetite?? Gary

Gary:

Well, im not a geologist....the bedrock is a hard gray rock with some fractures in it. Not Shist. In the past ive had to hammer away at it to get

some nugs out of it. Then sometimes the gray bedrock is so hot you swear you have a nug.....but after chipping it out it goes away.

There are a lot of iron dikes running through this area. That's what you see on the nug. Hematite<---bout two or three years older then magnatite.

Ive gotten some nugs from this area that are so crusted in hematite they give a reverse Iron signal on the 5000.

Its a very tough wash to detect. Lots of iron stone to dig up and scoot around with your feet. :)

A VLF in this area is basically a walking stick. Overload city!

Tom H.

Edited by TomH

Nice nug Tom, WTG! You're right about the awesome AZ weather in your video...we were out beeping yesterday from about sunrise till 10:30. Still a little warm.

Nice nug Tom, WTG! You're right about the awesome AZ weather in your video...we were out beeping yesterday from about sunrise till 10:30. Still a little warm.

:)

By about 11....I was toast!

Working the dern night shift I cant get up as early as I would like.

But...ya got to do what you got to do.

Tom

Tom your my hero!!! Always a joy to watch you pull gold from the ground. Keep at it. One of these days soon we need to go beep away the skunk.

Tom your my hero!!! Always a joy to watch you pull gold from the ground. Keep at it. One of these days soon we need to go beep away the skunk.

Wades sunbaker patch!!! I know there's more in there :)

Or anywhere around there :)

Tom

We need more videos. I told the boys we might start taking the camera. They were all for it haha. Good video Tom.

Gary:

Well, im not a geologist....the bedrock is a hard gray rock with some fractures in it. Not Shist. In the past ive had to hammer away at it to get

some nugs out of it. Then sometimes the gray bedrock is so hot you swear you have a nug.....but after chipping it out it goes away.

There are a lot of iron dikes running through this area. That's what you see on the nug. Hematite<---bout two or three years older then magnatite.

Ive gotten some nugs from this area that are so crusted in hematite they give a reverse Iron signal on the 5000.

Its a very tough wash to detect. Lots of iron stone to dig up and scoot around with your feet. :)

A VLF in this area is basically a walking stick. Overload city!

Tom H.

Hematite,...Hmmmmm, I thought it looked different than what I am used to finding as a host rock (Magnatite) in the nuggets that I find. You must have been down around Wickenburg somewhere ??? as I have never run across any of that around the Lynx, nor in the Bradshaw's (not as yet anyway). I too have run across a location around the Lynx that has a heavy concentration of iron stone Boulders, and there is no way that any VLF would do anything but scream (of course the one swinging it would also be screaming from the maddening-noise as well). Even my Minelab is doing a bit of buzzing from it. Actually, that's just where the 1.82 gram nugget that I posted a few days ago came from. Gary

Tom Nice find it a tough spot!

I'm curious I only run the GB2 and I was wondering if you could have used the discrimination to cancel out the iron stone?

I'm curious I only run the GB2 and I was wondering if you could have used the discrimination to cancel out the iron stone?

I probably should have tried that.

Tom

Hmmmm.. I'm actually a bit disappointed the SPACE AGE PLASTIC didn't do a better job at cancelling the overload..

Therefore I'm forced to reduce my order from four MINI'S to one and wait for V2.0..

Nice shooting under tough conditions, TomH ^5..

SA

Nice find Tom. you earned it. cant get them all the first day in there. makes ya wonder how many are left? good luck on more. :)
AzNuggetBob

Btw I noticed your ground balance seemed to be set on the negative side. that will help make some hot rocks bounce and positive signals (gold) hit through all the hot rocks. :m2c: AzNuggetBob

Good going, I think I may try a couple spots this weekend close to home. Lot of water moved at the LSD this summer.

Are you referring to the "iron ID"?

The GB2 has no discrimination.