Nugget Shooter Forums

Ok fellas, my dad, my boys, my friend and I went out to the speci spot today. My dad came up to visit for the weekend and to go metaldetecting with the grand kids. I started off the morning first with a merc dime then about 8 feet away my little guy found the 1902 Indian head penny. Then I found the barber dime about 2 feet from my first dime. He was so excited about that penny. Well i decided to move on and let the boys clean out the new spot. I got about 50 yards away and heard this blood curdling scream. I'm thinking my little guy stuck a pick in his shin or something. Them my oldest boy went running over to him and then I could see the excitement. They both yelled at me to come over so I ran over there thinking he found his first silver coin. WELL I'll tell you, it was silver alright. He dropped a darn 1886 Morgan dollar into my hand. I know I almost fainted lol. It was great. Now I'll tell ya, his metal detector is a $57 dollar bounty hunter jr. Friggen amazing. So all together we found 9 coins. 7 silvers, one v-nickel and 1 chinese coin. I also banged a nice solid little nuggy. It weighs exactly 1 gram. What a great day. They don't get much better.

Dan.

post-22038-0-71953000-1439082892_thumb.j

post-22038-0-60898100-1439083036_thumb.j

post-22038-0-05712500-1439083130_thumb.j

post-22038-0-97270100-1439083263_thumb.j

• Like 3

That is great. You've got a good spot. Keep'em coming. Love the picks and your success.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. It's definitely been a good year. Or as Boulderdash says "it's epic".

• Like 1

What a fantastic day. Three generations of the same family enjoying what you love to do all together. Keep it up guys.

Old Tom

• Like 3

Man...that is absolutely fantastic!
The whole dang family out there, finding stuff...don't get much better.

Glad your on a hot spot.

Making memories to last a lifetime :)
GL to ya!!!
Tom H.

• Like 3

This must of been a great day for the family, all together sharing a common interest with the smallest seeker finding the biggest treasure :thumbsupanim , I'm sure his delight in finding rusty relics will wane slightly now that he found his latest treasure, congratulations to all of you! :4chsmu1:

• Like 3

Au

You nailed that on the head lol. He said it yesterday. Old Coins are more exciting than rusty shovels dad haha. He knows he isn't going to top that find for a while though.

Yes it was great having my dad there watching the boys find the coins. He didn't find anything but he had a good time. It's usually my Pop that whoops me when we go chasing nuggets. He's killer on that GB2. Thanks everyone.

Dan

It was 6 silvers. Forgot the Indian head penny. Jeez.

Dan post like this are what makes this forum so great. You brought back memories that I'll take to the grave with me, now so will you.

I started my oldest son out doing the exact same thing that you have done with your young'en, he's now 51 and still coin hunting.

Thanks for the memories and the pics.

• Like 2

Yo Dan -- you never said -- what's the mint mark on that Morgan..?

Circulated with an "S" in nice shape like that is definite bonus points..!

SA

• Like 1

Awesome 3 generation family dig!

• Like 1

Indeed..... EPIC !! :yesss:

Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to show my wife what I have planned for my kids in a few years. :thumbsupanim

Looking forward to the next report..... :D

• Like 3

Don, you are correct. These kinds of activities with the family make memories that last forever.

SA,

There is no mint mark on that bad boy. When I cleaned it for him I was hoping for a CC or S but none at all.

Luke,

You won't regret it. My boys and daughters love it. Especially now that my daughter found that nugget a few weekends ago. But my boys are with me whether I'm shooting ducks and geese or I'm nugget shooting or prospecting. They truly are my little side kicks.

• Like 3

An 1886CC Morgan..?

Now THAT would be a really great find, probably put all your kids through college, because if I remember correctly the Carson City Mint did not produce any coins between 1886 - 1888..

Why not, I do not know.. Guess I wasn't curious enough at the time to check it out.. I was into numismatics the heaviest as a pre-teen and young teenager.. Then I discovered motorcycles and girls, in that order, so money got spent on those, not on other monies -- and that was that..

There's always been somewhat of a mystique about the Carson City, Nevada Mint though. The history of a US Mint in a small town and lightly populated area during what was still the ‘Wild West’ at the time can't be anything short of fascinating.. I've just never looked into it is all.. With there being your home though it may be something you'd find interesting finding out about..

SA

• Like 1

Dan you and your family are killin it on the finds up there, hey leave us a few crumbs. :D:thumbsupanim
AzNuggetBob

• Like 1

Bob

Ok will do. The next few weekends are tied up. Have to scout this weekend for my son's antelope tag. Then season opens the 22nd. So the gold and coins are safe for a few weekends haha.

Thank you Bill.

Edited by nugget108

Best of luck to ya and your son Dan. I hope you and your son have a great adventure hunting antelope. :) AzNuggetBob

• Like 1