Nugget Shooter Forums
Buckeye Boy

The 5000 is awesome

The GPX 5000 after four years continues to amaze me. Not to take anything away from any others but I wouldn't trade my 5000 for even the new 7000. Probably even if it came with a stack of bills. Maybe some day my eyes will be opened. Here is a picture of Saturdays hunt. Total weight is 6.5 dwt and found on exposed bedrock with a Joey mono.

AJ

post-24052-0-51408300-1438639348_thumb.j

• Like 4

Yes sir. It is an awesome machine. I can't believe the difference between it and other machines before it.

That's a great looking bunch of nuggets !!

Not to take anything away from the 5000...

but when I see something like this I often wonder how many could have been found with other detectors.... with everything else being the same

I know the 5000 is a great machine, but it seems you also have a great spot

Congrats :thumbsupanim

• Like 1

Dude I was about to post my Saturday finds! You killed it now I may have to wait till tomorrow to post, need to let the applause die down. Great going BB..respect

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. Luke yes it is a great spot and in my opinion the 5000 is king. I own three detectors other than a minelab. Gold bug 2, whites TDI and Tesoro super track. It is a fact that most of the gold would have been found with any of the above detectors. The problem is the frustration with the ground condition. I would have never made it to the gold had I been swinging any of my other detectors. The Gold bug is my second choice but I usually walk over most hot ground in search for the right conditions. Others have other techniques but I prefer covering lots of ground and the 5000 makes it easy.

AJ

• Like 2

And in my experience a great spot is usually great once. Then comes the gold bug for the scraps and off to the next great spot.

AJ

• Like 1

Good description of the 5000 useage. WTG on the nuggets.

Crap! What a score :)
Really nice tumbles stuff.
Between you and BD...I don't have enough calamine lotion to scratch this

gold itch you two have plagued me with!
Those patches might not be "great" after you go through them, but they do tend

to give up a few more after a good gully washer :)
WTG on the gold!
Tom H.

Pickn' and a grining and looks great-John

Thanks for the GOLD fix AJ.
Congrats an yeah its an unrenewable resource.

those are some sweet nuggets, oh yes love to the 5000!

Beautiful nuggets and great spot for sure.....many patches left out there !! I would agree with you...with the right coils and a Minelab behind them you cant lose.

Nice Buckey Boy. I'm assuming for those small pieces you used the Fine Gold timings. Along with the Joey mono, I understand it'll sound off on gold the size of a fly turd. :D

Andyy, the Joey coil in fine gold is awesome. I have two Joey coils one is very stable and my favorite coil, the other is what I have come to expect from a Coiltek coil. The gold Bug 2 is far more sensitive to small gold when the ground is mild, but too many times the 5000 cleans up after the Gold bug. This goes both ways and not one detector finds it all.

AJ

• Like 1

Great gold, WTG! I feel the same way about my GP Extreme, been swinging it since 2003 and even after purchasing a 3500 "upgrade" in 2006 and using it for 18 months, the GP proved to be the better of the two units. There is a lot to be said for knowing your machine well. I am going to buy a new unit this winter tho just for warranty and such, right now looking at the SDC.

Dude awesome job buddy, sure wish I could have gone my wife's birthday is always screwing up my plans. Lol

So about how good the 5000 is... I went over that "spot" with my gb2 and got flustered with the hot ground... Not wanting to deal with the noise I moved down the wash maybe 10 or so feet and found a couple dinks on more quite ground. My detector may have found most if not all but I walked past because it was too hot... I wish I would have had the 5k that day... I also have a 3k that I use most of the time but the ground was too hot for it also... My 2 cents. Good job dirt bag.

Edited by Cowkiller

Very nice finds! Just too hot out there for me....