Nugget Shooter Forums

afternoon delight

Detecting that is. Had a 2 hour hunt after work on Thursday. Found 18 pieces in a 2 x 2 area. Funny thing is they were all in a area I previously worked. That is right I'm saying I missed 1.1 grams the first go round. They were in a clay and bedrock crack . I missed them because I just thought it was hot ground. Once broken free it was target after target. It turns out the ground was very mild once the gold was out.Moral of the story if you're not 100% down to bedrock we all are missing targets.

post-1498-0-65541300-1437246448_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Good gold and good thoughts BD.

Today I visited the giant push, it's now down about 10 feet and they keep finding nuggets.

Minelab GPX's go first and then the Fisher GB ll's clean it up.

Zip for me. I like your results much better.

That must be a terrible situation to be in! :) So many targets you think its hot ground :th:

Glad you figured it out and got em.

Going to hit some hills around Prescott tomorrow....if the lightning doesn't hit me.

Tom H.

Ahhhhhh.....memories!

That aint fog dads running from either! :)
Tom H.

post-25308-0-28573700-1437255059_thumb.j

post-25308-0-67365600-1437255094_thumb.j

• Like 2

Awesome bd! Glad you investigated further.

Tom,

The storms were good up here today and will be tomorrow. Lots of lightning and thunder this evening. Be careful, some hikers up here not to long ago got blasted out from under a tree by lighting during a storm. It didn't turn out well.

But hey, at least you'll already be in a bag when they pick you up :arrowheadsmiley:.

Awesome bd! Glad you investigated further.

Tom,

The storms were good up here today and will be tomorrow. Lots of lightning and thunder this evening. Be careful, some hikers up here not to long ago got blasted out from under a tree by lighting during a storm. It didn't turn out well.

But hey, at least you'll already be in a bag when they pick you up :arrowheadsmiley:.

Man...we didn't get anything down here in Peoria...

It will be a great day out...even if I have to sit in a café in Mayer and eat a hamburger :)

Tom

bd just proved nobody is perfect and neither are our machines. Solar flares, weak batteries,extreme heat/cold,microwave blasts all work against the machines and us too. Miners are a stubborn lot and THAT is a huge plus as second guessing a spot takes gumption to question ones self-kudos-John