Nugget Shooter Forums

Need help identifying these two suspect meteorites *edit*

Sorry I don't know how to delete previous posts or edit them, I meant to post more pics in my last post but accidentally posted just one pic so I'm going to try this again..

They are both magnetic, found them both at the same place in northern cali where I live, and they both have tiny specs of iron visible in the windows I made on them. The white flat lookin one has Lil veins running through it, which are visible on one side and in the window I made on it, the other side has a black crust on it. The egg shaped one is odd cuz it is like a dirt ball, can easily chip away pieces of it with your finger nail, but it gets more solid in the center where I ground away some of it to make a window. Looks reddish in the center in some areas. It also has a black crust and iron specs in it that are visible with a magnifying glass. Pretty positive they are both meteorites but I am new to this so any help or advice would be much appreciated. thanks.

post-27641-0-09043100-1437203268_thumb.j

post-27641-0-15692200-1437203423_thumb.j

post-27641-0-17776300-1437203491_thumb.j

The one suspect meteorite is like perfectly egg shaped, when I found it I joked around about it being a fossilized Dino egg, and beings that it is kinda brittle and the center is red in some parts that does make it seem like a fossilized egg, cause it is a perfect egg shape, well it was until I ground a window on the side of it to see what the inside looked like, kinda want to cut it in half though cause the window still doesn't show much even though I made a big window on it, seems to be mostly made of the brittle dirt stuff, but it's not fully made up of the dirt or whate very cause I did get to a solid spot when I made my window. Would anyone else think it would be a good idea to just cut it in half? I'm not even 100% sure that it is a meteorite, but there are a couple reasons why I think it could be, which are 1- it has a black outer crust. 2- It is magnetic. 3- looking in the window I made on the egg shaped suspect meteorite with my loupe/ magnifying tool I could see many tiny iron chrondrules. 4- It has the texture of a meteorites, all smooth edges but sort of a rough texture. Same goes for the other flat, whitish suspect meteorite, it has all those characteristics also, but I think that the flat white one with the "veins" is more likely to be a meteorite out of the two. Idk, I'm new to this whole meteorite thing which is why I came here so I could get some advice from more experienced meteorite collectors/hunters/scientists. And like I said before, any advice/info will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Also, I've never seen any meteorites that look like these ones in any pics online or videos, so they would be very unique meteorites I'm assuming. But I have seen pics of meteorites that have the exact same outer black layer that the flat one has in my pics. Which is what really made me think it was a meteorite. That and the fact that it has all the characteristics of being a meteorite. And so does the other one. Even though I have never seen any meteorite like either one of them in any pics I have seen while browsing the net. But I have read about how every once in a while a unique looking and odd meteorite will be found that doesn't really resemble any other that have been found so far. We do live in an infinitely big and ever expanding universe after all. So who knows. But the black crust on the flatter looking meteorite looks identical to the crust I've seen on other meteorites in pics online and in videos on youtube. And idk if some normal earth rocks contain little iron chrondrules but both of these defiantly have them. Just hard to see them without a loupe or some sort of magnification. But with the naked eye you can tell that there is something there cause parts are really reflective/shinny. Can only see why once you magnify it a bit and see the small pieces of iron imprinted throughout both of these suspect meteorites. I want to send them in to get tested but I don't have the money to do so at the moment. And want to make sure I'm not just going to be wasting my money on sending samples of plain ol earth rocks before I send anything in. Do any other members here happen to live in Shasta county or know anyone here in Shasta county who I can meet up with to check these out? That'd be awesome. Thanks again for any help.

I know. Needed a godly name. This is what I came up with. Was either this or DarthVaderConquererOfTheCosmos. Unfortunately that one was too long. Lol just kiddin. Tho that is a pretty tight name..dang..should a thought of that before..

In photo#1 I would keep it. #2 Id keep the one on the left. the rock on the right you can put in your rock garden, just in case. less blurry photo's would help a lot. JMO. AzNuggetBob

Haha. Alright, well thank you all for the advice. Exactly why I joined this site. I have found a couple more suspects that look more like most common meteorites that I will take pictures of and post soon. The main reason I thought that these might be meteorites is cause of the black crust, especially the crust on the one in the first pic, and cut they are magnetic and have Lil iron specs in them but I agree with you all that they probly aren't meteorites, cause I have never seen any that look like these before. Just thought that they might be a type of meteorite that no one's seen before but I'm not lucky enough to have found such a specimen. Haha. But yeah, thanks again for the advice, really appreciate it,