Nugget Shooter Forums

Don't know if he's the same, but Roger Delahanty (spelling?) was a long time member of Nuggetshooters and a good friend and hunting partner to many.... Cheers, Unc

I don't know, but they guys that tagged that rock with a deer and squiggly lines are going to be pissed!

Probably start a indian war of some sort.

Tom H.

Tom, is that a deer ...boy, it sure is a funny looking deer.....Maybe its like a cross between a coyote and a deer....Then again , I couldnt draw much better with a pencil & paper. :4chsmu1: Its probably a spanish marker :89:

I wonder if R.D. ever beeped under that rock? I remember asking Tom to help me move a boulder about that size and I found a black brass nugget and under that a nice gold nugget. Seems nobody wants to go the extra inch and exert them selves. Ask 'Always Dirty' about moving rocks.................

Old Tom

So obvious, it's gotta be Robert Di Niro

Who is Ron Driscoll? is this Jeopardy? :D

AzNuggetBob

I'm confident the initials are less than a hundred years old. Ive seen a few rock carvings including hieroglyphs and a lot of petroglyphs. as far as the animal figure, I have my doubts. no DV. the other figures or symbols I think are very old and I think tell a story. the bright color of the carvings or lack of DV is a clue to their age. no desert varnish oxidizing or physical weathering. AzNuggetBob

Edited by AzNuggetBob

…and I don't think either of the RD's that were mentioned

would do something like that to one of those rock drawings.

Both men are known for their respect for the desert and it's early inhabitants.

Flak I was just kidding!, but just so there is no confusion. I dont really think Ron chipped his initials on that stone. I also knew him for many years. we worked together on several projects. but I think he would have seen the humor in my comment. AzNuggetBob

Hi (AZNugget) Bob, I was not taking issue with you at all…I get your humor.

(that's why I started my post with …, I was sort of adding to your thread).

I was just commenting on those two men…they are special.

best wishes…

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Bill Southern knows who "RD" is and he is working on bringing his blog back :brows::yesss: jim

RD was Richard Delahanty,also known on the forums as RD of Indio.We PM'ed each other many times when I was detecting with a GMT some years ago.Doubt if he needed his initials on a rock for posterity.His good will to share knowledge and his expertise at detecting in the desert are his legacy...even though many newcomers don't know about him.