Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adam

Yahoo ! More Then & Now Storm Pics

Remember those old timer handstacks BD and I discovered 2 weeks ago?

IMG_6155_zpswm1stqhr.jpg

Here they are today...Gone !

IMG_6199_zpsrndtt5qz.jpg

Heres a spot we drywashed 2 weeks ago..

IMG_6166_zpspdswb5by.jpg

This is what it looks like now..

IMG_6178_zpsknvwotfh.jpg

Heres another spot 2 weeks ago...

IMG_6140_zpsm1atfr3q.jpg

And now ....

IMG_6175_zpssbt0uc05.jpg

Wow, nice movement ... Makes me want to go beep some inside turns! ... Cheers, Unc

I'm thinkin' this would be a good opportunity to find out just how rich in small Au the area you guys cleaned out a couple weeks ago for 17+ gm happens to be..

It doesn't strike me as often one gets a chance to run a fact-finding mission of this sort..

What do you think, BD or adam..?

SA

It looks like it is ready to do again ... I wonder if the heavy gold came down with the sand.

That was a 100 year storm and Im sure lots of replenishment occurred. To wet and deep to re run those stretches.

I'm thinkin' this would be a good opportunity to find out just how rich in small Au the area you guys cleaned out a couple weeks ago for 17+ gm happens to be..

It doesn't strike me as often one gets a chance to run a fact-finding mission of this sort..

What do you think, BD or adam..?

SA

We already know there will be replenishment, as the overburden carries nice values.... BD spotted many sunbaker pieces on bedrock in areas we knew were clean. As for the same values on bedrock?, That`s a good question. Could be....... As BD stated however, it will need to dry out for some time in order to find out.

Ok BD & adam -- thanks for your replies..

And BD, I didn't mean head out there this afternoon, but if/when y'all do re-vac that same section

I for one would be interested in hearing what the comparative value take is.. That was a LOT of movement..!

Tnx,

SA

• Darn it....now dad and I have to go back and recheck our areas :)

At least all those rocks are gone from the dirt they piled behind them.

• Easier to run it now! :)

Tom

• Darn it....now dad and I have to go back and recheck our areas...

Yeah, darn it..! If it wasn't for bad luck n all that..

Right after ya get those bedrock traps all nice n clean, this happens.. :th:

SA

Well, thanks for the comments everyone. I have always enjoyed putting together before & after shots for everyone the last couple years. What it really shows , is that you may never know if someone has worked a spot. Even old handstacks that have been up forever , can be taken out in an instant. What appears to be a virgin gully , may in fact have been worked heavily and you just wouldnt know.. Even the nice clue we found a while back ( drag stone ) is now buried for who knows how long.....