Nugget Shooter Forums

Father's Day Gold

LukeJ

Welp.... ( sorry, couldn't help it.... :ROFL: )

Got out in the hills today with TomH, OldTom, and AZMark for a bit of prospecting.

We ended up in the Poland Junction area. It was a bit cooler up there with the high at 95F.

I guess that's a funny thing about living in Phoenix, and then saying it was cooler at 95F. :nutty:

We were in a well known mining area and there was lots of evidence of past activities. Did some detecting and quickly discovered the time would be better spent poking around in the cracks of the bedrock. Didn't find any nuggets, but got some color in the pan.... :brows:

We had a good time and it was great to get out and do something, instead of just waiting for autumn.... :droolin:

Hope everyone had a great Father's Day!!!

post-27491-0-91108300-1434942250_thumb.j

Edited by LukeJ
  • Like 2

Yup!
Great day out in the hills for sure :)
No color for me.

I did find a old knife that was probably used against Geronimo or the Apache Kid.

Up on the hill side, bout 8 inches deep.

Bakelite handle with brass rivets.

OK...some miner was probably peeling his apple and left it :idunno:

Tom H.

post-25308-0-22829900-1434943841_thumb.j

post-25308-0-78477000-1434943850_thumb.j

• Like 1

Hey Tom ... real nice picture of dad doing some panning ... you should frame that one and put it over the mantle! Now as for the other picture I saw lug nuts and I know what happens if I'm anywhere near you and Old Tom ... did you have a flat tire this time? :)

Mike F

• Like 1

Hey Tom, my very first "hunting knife" was exactly like that one...same handle, size and shape ... Had it in mid-'50's ... Sounds like you guys had a pleasant day! ... Cheers, Unc

Had alot of fun prospecting with TomH, OldTom and LukeJ. :yesss:

Nothing like field experience and wisdom! Thanks guys for the invite.

I found some color up on a ledge under some rocks and in the crevices. Still have some dirt to pan, so far 3 flakes and a small picker.

It's so great to see that black sand open up and...gold!!!!

Excellent knife find for Tom :thumbsupanim

Great off road driving skills LukeJ :thumbsupanim Hope everyone had a great weekend and struck it rich with friends and family...

• Like 1

Hey Tom ... real nice picture of dad doing some panning ... you should frame that one and put it over the mantle! Now as for the other picture I saw lug nuts and I know what happens if I'm anywhere near you and Old Tom ... did you have a flat tire this time? :)

Mike F

No,...no flats :)

Those are some extras lying on my workbench.

Tom

Hey Tom, my very first "hunting knife" was exactly like that one...same handle, size and shape ... Had it in mid-'50's ... Sounds like you guys had a pleasant day! ... Cheers, Unc

That's what is so cool about this forum....so many guys have so much knowledge and history to be able to identify crap that we find. :)

Thanks!!!!

Tom H.